XXIX Touch the sun

In the middle of the nap, a crackling noise could be heard. Blue got up right away to check what was entering her room, but she was doing it while sleepwalking, so she didn't actually see it. She checked the door and found that there was nothing there, so she just went back to bed. 

After some hours, when the nap was done, Blue opened her eyes, trying to adjust them to the dim orange light, only to look back int o two big, green eyes. 

"Wah!" she backed down and looked at what was in her bed. 

No, it wasn't Green. 

"WHAT'S A CROCODILE DOING IN MY BED?!" she started yelling and woke up the whole neighborhood. 

Black and Green entered the room, only to fall at the doorstep on each other, with Anubis on top, and Venta climbing on his head. 

"What's this ruckus, you creature?!" Venta started with a shrieking voice. 

"A-a-a-a... A CROCODILE IS IN MY BED!" Blue screamed once again and started crying. 

Black suddenly got up, making Anubis and Venta fall off of her and Green grunt under her weight. The dark haired woman went and hugged the crying blonde, as the green one checked the bed. She swung aside the blue blanket, only to find a blue teddy-bear next to the pillow. No crocodile on the bed.

"B-b-but it was there! I swear! Check under th-th-the bed!" Blue's tears started flowing continuously and hid her face in Black's shoulder, trying to drown the hiccups. 

Green checked under the bed. No crocodile under the bed. 

"Th-th-then the closet! I swear it has to be somewhere!" she was getting more and more scared. 

"Green opened the blue closet doors with a bang. No crocodile among the blue clothes. 

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" Black asked in a suave tone. 

"I-I-I... I don't know anymore..." Blue answered, trying to stop her tears. 

Venta climbed on Black's other shoulder and told Blue: "Maybe your imagination has been running too wild. After all, not until long ago, you were a tuna..."

"I was a what?"

"Nevermind" the finger monkey said as she unclimbed Black and got on Anubis' head, right between the ears. "To the kitchen!" she ordered and Anubis started running to the kitchen. 

Black led Blue out of her room, but Green remained a few more minutes to contemplate about what was happening. After all, the bed was in a kind of mess Blue couldn't make...

"What are we having for breakfast?" Anubis asked Green when she arrived in the blue kitchen. 

"Water, hay and beating" she answered without a second thought. 

"Ah, blasphemy! What happens when one of you wears the other's colors?!" Venta cried. 

"What do you mean?" Blue asked. 

Venta pointed to Green, who was wearing a black tank top and plaid blue pajama pants, Black a full blue pajama and Blue a green T-shirt with black pants. 

The three looked at each other and raised their shoulders. 

"Nothing. We're not sworn to the colors"Black explained as if was obvious. 

"Can you be sworn to the colors?"

"Of course. But none of us did that."

"And what happens if you are sworn to the colors?"

"We can't actually say another color's name or wear another color than the one we're sworn to.. they're kinda possessive and jealous..."

Venta and Anubis exchanged a confused look then their stomachs started grumbling.

"Going back to the main question..."

"Water, hay and spanking! As I said" Green finished the conversation and Blue opened the fridge to see what was left, but the flash of those swamp green eyes came before her and she yelled again, falling on her bum. 

"I saw it again!" Blue uttered and everyone looked at the fridge. There was nothing there except for... wait, there was nothing there!

"We don't have any more food?!" Venta and Anubis cried at the same time. 

Black looked at the ceiling as if trying to remember whether there was anything stored in her fridge or not...

"Hm... Maybe not. And if there was something in my fridge, then it's molded."

"I only have potions"Green concluded and everyone looked down. 

The noise of rumbling stomachs broke the silence. 

"Are we eating out then?" Black said, and the others nodded and went to change. 

The dresses the girls usually wear are only for official matters. Going out on their own, without a mission from the Queen, doesn't require their formal dressing. Also, colors can be mixed, as they said, they're not sworn to the colors. 

"Is it just me, or is the sun slightly more up than usual?"Blue said as she looked at the sun. 

"Is it just me, or is the sun bigger?" Venta asked in a scared tone.

"Is it just me, or can we touch the sun?" Anubis finished.