XXXIV Shady

"Hey!" a new voice greeted them. 

The girls turned around to look at whoever dared to talk to them. 

The outstanding mint colored vest was immediately recognized by them.

"Oh, hi!" Violet and Red said. 

"It's been a log time since we met! You guys changed a lot! Black, is it just me, or are you darker?"

"I've never been this black in my life, thank you" she answered, flattered. 

" Violet, you look like something has happened a lot lately..."

"It did, do I look that bad?"

"Um... no... Crimson! Whaddya been up to?"

"Oh, as usual, researching greater ways of making shpruck."

"Oh, the shpruck never bothered you, has it?" she laughed. "Then, Red, I hope you haven't given up on your talent, have you?"

"Never" Red laughed an open mouth laugh that made everyone freeze. 

"And... Green, I love the color of your eyes, what have you been treating them with?"

"Ice cream" she said after a second of silence.  

"A-ha" Mint was making it all seem awkward and wanted to awkwardly break the awkward silence but the others just didn't want to keep the conversation going. Behind her, there were some shady guys who were supposedly her friends, the kind they usually hang out with: iridescent sunglasses, black baggy clothes, huge shoes and all kinds of jewelry. Their hairs were resembling animals and Green even whispered about the monkey-looking one, and their faces were in an ever pout. Their eyebrows were very close to touching, and their beards were present but not really. Somehow, they didn't look like bad guys, but they all looked the same and copy-cats aren't very welcomed in the society. 

One of Arvagonia's unspoken rules was creativity and uniqueness. Those who dressed the same as others aren't considered as worthy of breathing the oxygen the Queen was working hard to provide. 

"Well then, see you around..."

"Hey, is it true that Purple is singing tonight?" Crimson asked for the last time.

"Yes! It's gonna be a blast!"

"Well you better put salt on it" Green whispered only for the closest to her to hear. 

Red and Violet laughed and Black glared at her emerald-shining eyes, which looked very blunt and bored. 

"What?" she asked and Black murmured a 'nevermind' then went to look for someone else, taking Violet along. 

"I didn't say anything wrong, did I?" she then asked the two remaining. 

"Uh, no, you were pretty mean on that one, but it was very funny!" Crimson answered. 

"Yea..." Red continued. 

Green shrugged and sighed. 

"Very well, gals, let's start celebrating this night with the latest hit from The-o~!" the guy on the stage. 

"Hurray!" the crowd cheered and fog started surrounding the scene. Dim light was coming from somewhere in the back and the silhouette of a tall man started forming. The lights suddenly turned and the silhouette became clearer: a man in a dark blue suit, brown straight hair neatly arranged, big brown eyes and his very existence made the girls melt. 

He started playing a blue piano and his angelic voice verbalized a romantic ballad addressed to a very nostalgic time when everything was dreamy and perfect. 

As she was watching the performance, Black felt a slight touch on her hand that wasn't coming from Violet. When she turned around, making sure she didn't startle her friend, she saw the one she was looking for. 

As Cobalt's teary songs came to an end, the announcer introduced the next one that was going to sing: Borvo Morvo. 

He came on the stage with a very dramatic pose, his white suit adding to the epicness. 

"Are you ready to make some noise today?!" he yelled in the mic.

"Yeah~!" the fans answered.

"Very well! This song is dedicated to a very important person we all love and admire: the QUEEN!" he said and started performing on his white electric guitar a very complicated tune. 

Then he sung about the greatness of Arvagonia and how he wished to show it all to his lover, the fans were all over him etc etc....

When he finished with his songs, Blue and Lemon sung some solos, then Blue and her brother, Lemon and the two then Borvo accompanied them too. 

"Now, let's get ready for Ma-La-Die~!" the guy spoke again, firing up the crowd that was getting tired already. 

The dark fog embraced the stage again and the drums started making noise, along with some electric guitars and bass. Then, Purple's mythical voice appeared: the sounds she was making could only be heard by those who actually enjoyed them. For others, they were just noises...

What Violet could make out of them was "Long live the Queen...", "How great the darkness of the Underclouds is...", "Wishing upon the sober Lune..." etc. 

After their performance, everyone was exhausted from all the yelling, gesturing and screaming. The prezentator announced that the ceremony of the Soleil et la Lune could start in ten minutes and that they had more time to enjoy the traditional food sellers and the game shops. 

"Meet me up"