Spells

The darkness that engulfed the cage suddenly lifted as Green made the cage fall apart, revealing a surprised big black dog with a green nose.

"Anu! Welcome in the Three Apartment Complex!" The chocolate-haired woman walked up to the huge dog and gave him a big hug. The dog only accepted the hug, still processing what happened. 

"Aww, he's black!" Black commented and went to introduce herself to the dog. "My name is Black Velvet, one of the Three Guardians and your auntie's friend." 

The dog was still processing while staring at the black-clothed woman. 

"Blue, your turn" Black said but Blue's eyebrow twitched. "What?" the black one continued. Blue's eyebrow twitched again. 

"Y-You do realize that... that that's a dog, right?"Blue started. "How can I introduce myself to a dog? A big one at that."

Green released Anubis, her whole face twitching at the comment. Black was processing Blue's opinion then she realized too, and that made her freeze. Tension rose up in the air and Anubis had mixed feelings now. 

"You..." Green was the first one to speak. "You're... you're right!" she said like that was the first time the thought occurred her. 

"You say that now?!" both Blue and Black were shocked now.

"Anubis... you can't talk, can you? But you're human, right?" The black hound came back to reality and looked at his auntie then her remembered... He's actually human. He nodded his head and stood up on two legs, his black fur slowly becoming skin, his pointed head becoming round, his huge attire  becoming smaller and smaller, until he looked like a normal boy of 10 years. Blue and Black were speechless. Anubis' eyes were big and brown and his short hair was dark brown, like his auntie's. He was wearing some brown and green clothes and his face seemed neutral. 

"Greenie!" he greeted, a mocking smile curling on his face. 

"Anu!" a vein was popping on her forehead. "I wonder why your mother sent you to me right now?"

"Oh, well, she said the time has come and you need to teach me art. I'm ready."

"To teach you what?"

"Art. Words. Paintings. History. Freedom. Stuff like that."

"You know that that has nothing to do with my work, right?"

"Does it matter? Aren't you a scribo type? You should very well be able to teach me."

"I'm sure your mother is against my status. Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"For magic. Persona." she whispered and her appearance changed to the one of a 10 years old  girl.