34

I parked in front of the address Ray gave me. It was a big ass house. It made sense that it would be hers. I just thought she was going back to Detroit.

I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I stood there for at least 5 minutes before ringing the doorbell. The door was opened by Ray seconds later.

"I thought you weren't gonna show." She said nervously. I looked down and stepped inside. I didn't know what to day. What was there to say?

"Uh make yourself at home." She said closing the door. I walked in the living room and sat on the arm of the couch. That was as comfortable as I could get.

"Soo-"

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asked cutting me off. It was so awkward between us man.

"No no I'm good. Can we just talk please? I'm feeling kinda sick right now and this isn't making it any better." I said running my fingers through my curls.

"Okay. Well I'm assuming you read the whole letter." She said.

"Yeah and I just need to know why you didn't just tell me as if I don't keep a gun on me. You know I do but no, you pull this heart breaking bitch ass prank! Was it for the money? If you had just mentioned it to me, shit we could have set something up ourselves. Maybe I just loved you more than you loved me." I said staring at the floor.

"You sound real fucking crazy Jalea. I loved and still love you as much as my heart allows. I wish I had the common sense to go back and change what I did but that's impossible. I want you to understand that. I did this for the both of us. The guy obviously just wanted to see you suffer. That's better than you being dead! At least it is in my eyes." She explained standing up.

"I'm sorry Ray..I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all this okay. I'm losing my mind without you." I said as tears fell down my cheeks. "I've been so in denial about the whole situation and now everything has changed."

She came to my side and wiped my tears. I missed her touch..so god damn much.

"I'm still here J. I'm not going anywhere. Nothing like this is gonna happen again. I promise you that." She said. I completely broke down. I needed it. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and just held me there. I was crying so hard and it wouldn't stop.

"I need a tissue." I said in sobs. She ran to the kitchen and brought back a box of them. I took a few and handled that mess. I recollected myself and looked at Ray.

"So? We back in this?" She asked hopefully.

"Don't take this the wrong way. I need at least a day or two to just calm down. Get back into the feel of things. I've only been home 3 days and I haven't had much alone time." I explained. She frowned but then nodded.

"I understand. Just call me when you're ready." She said. I stood up and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks." I left without another word and sat in my car for awhile before pulling off to go home. I got there happy to see that no one was waiting for me.

I went inside and the first thing I did was take my shoes and shirt off. I laid on the couch in silence. Loving every moment. Then my god damn phone rang. Wtf.

I picked it up and looked at the picture. Sienna.

"Wassup?" I answered.

"Are you busy?" She asked.

"Nahh. Why?"

"I need someone to talk to. In person." She said.

"Uhh I guess you can come over." I offered tiredly.

"Thanks. I'm on my way." She said before hanging up. I got up and kicked my shirt to the side. I went in the kitchen and poured myself some Hennessey.

I laid back down with my cup in hand and sipped it while waiting for Sienna. She got here 10 minutes later.

"Didn't even have the decency to put a shirt on?" She asked with a laugh.

"Sure didn't." I said smirking. She sat on the other couch and took her hat off. "What's up?"

"Well.. I don't want to talk. I just missed you." She confessed shrugging her shoulders.

"Is that right?" I asked closing my eyes.

"Mhmm sure is. What is that you're drinking? I'll go get you some more."

"It's Hennessy. It's in the freezer." I said.

"No chaser or nothing?" She asked.

"Nah I always drink that shit straight." I stated with a yawn. She got up and walked into the kitchen. Sienna is weird to me but who cares.

She came back and sat my cup on the table.

"Drink up." She said with a smile. I happily did until it was all gone. "Have you talked to Ray or anyone since you got back?"

"I talked to Ray today. We made up." I said.

"Oh wow." She said sounding disappointed. "That's good I suppose. Where's your bathroom?"

"There's one upstairs right by the top of the steps." I noticed my voice was getting kind of slurred from the drink. "I actually need to go lay in bed for a bit. I'm not doing too good right now."

"Oh let me help you." She supported me on my way up the stairs and took me to my room. "I'll be back."

I laid in bed on my stomach and buried my face in the pillow. I don't know what was wrong with me but everything felt weak. I couldn't even really pick up my limbs.

Sienna came back and got in my bed with me. She turned me over and started taking my remaining clothes off.

"Sienna what the fuckk-"

"Shh. Had to get my chance before this would be considered cheating. Just let me take care of you." She said. I felt her hands touching all over me and then I was out.