13

I woke up in the worst mood ever. I had been crying all night and I always feel horrible after that. Ray was laying next to me asleep. I had taken her shirt off because it was wet with tears.

I got up and went to the bathroom. While I was brushing my teeth, Boss hit my line about some hits I had to do since he canceled the big job on me. I sighed and grabbed the gun, and threw on a hoodie. I put a beanie over my hair and left.

I drove to the trap and made it right on time. I walked in and ignored everyone inside. I honestly believed none of these people had nothing better to do than sit around here and play poker.

I met with Boss in his office and he gave me a list of the addresses. I drove to the first house and walked right in the front door since it was wide open. Ole dude was sitting on the couch smoking a doobie.

He looked at me confused.

"Get up nigga. You owe money. Where is it?" I asked. He slightly laughed.

"Fuck are you gonna do little girl?" He responded. I laughed and took out my gun.

"Give me the god damn money!" I had the money in my pockets less than 10 seconds later. I left and made my way to the next drop. I pulled up to a familiar house.. I forgot whose house it was.

I went and knocked on the door. A girl opened it and it hit me. Aj's ex girlfriend. She looked at me weirdly.

"Jalea..what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm just doing my job. Where is Boss's money?" I asked. She tried to shut the door on me but I just slammed it into her causing her to fall. "The money. Go get it right now." I said sternly.

She looked scared of me. Sorry AJ. She went upstairs and came back with a plastic bag full of money. I left and went to take care of the last hits.

Once I got back to the trap, I had all the money in one bag and took it inside. I gave it to Boss and he gave me a cut of it.

"Yo J have a seat." He said after I turned to leave. I sat down folding the stack of money and putting into my pocket.

"Yeah Boss?" He never asks me to stay so I was confused.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm not okay. But I'm making it." I replied.

"I just need to make sure your personal life won't be interfering with the work that goes on in here." He said sternly.

"I keep it seperate. Nothing is going on personally either way so there shouldn't be any problems." I proclaimed.

"Alright. Keep that phone charged." I nodded and left. I went home and noticed Ray laying on the couch. On impulse, I straddled her waist and pulled the blanket over the both of since it was cold.

She opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile. A tired smile.

"Where were you?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"I just had to go clear my head." I lied as she put her arms around my waist.

"Sounds good." I nodded and leaned forward kissing her. I was clearly surprising her seeing as how I barely wanted to be around her a few days ago.

Things began to get more heated as I bit her lip and ran my hands along her chiseled features. Small moans slipped from Ray's lips and caressed my ears. God I loved it. I took my hand and put it in her shorts. As I rubbed her clit and sucked on her neck, she gripped my shirt, moaning into my ear.

There was a knock at the door but for once I didn't care and I continued to pleasure Ray. She tried her hardest to keep it down but as she climaxed, a loud moan filled the living room. I was definitely not done with her.

I licked my hand clean and got up to answer the door. It was a woman. She was beautiful. Resembled me somehow. Reminded me of Kee. She had curls put up in a messy bun and she was wearing an expensive looking outfit.

"Who are you?" I asked looking her up and down. She looked down and bit her lip.

"Can I come in please?" She asked.

"Who are you?" I asked again. She looked around and into my eyes.

"I'm your mother."

***

Ray was up in my room while I was sitting on the couch across from my 'mom'.

"You're really my mom? Fuck you been at?" I asked rudely. She didn't deserve my compassion.

"I'm sorry Jalea. I had to leave. Your father was bringing me closer and closer to death everyday I stayed. So I moved. I won't go in on the details right now. I heard your father died so I came to finally meet you and see all my kids again." She explained shaking her head.

"That's funny. I didn't know dad either. Didn't know he was dead either. But you're looking at the last one standing. AJ died two years ago. Damarius died less than a week ago. Kee is in a mental hospital. You don't want to see her." I explained.

It looked as if I broke her heart. She couldn't actually care that much.

"I'm so sorry... If I had just came earlier, you all would be living in California with me. The good life. Now you're all gone." She began sobbing into her hands. "Jalea, I really am sorry. I never knew it would end up like this. Please..come with me to California."

"I barely know you! I can see I'm related to you just by looking but still. How am I supposed to know that California is any better than here?" I asked standing up.

"I'm a multi-millionaire Jalea. I have a mansion. It's a safe neighborhood. No drugs. No shootings. At least none I know of. Never know what goes on in neighbor's houses." She proclaimed wiping her tears.

"I just don't know." I was so shocked.

"Please just think about it. I'll be staying in the Holiday Inn downtown. Just take my number. Take as long as you need to think about it. Call me when you know for sure." She put her card on the table and left. I went to my room and sat next to Ray.

I was stressed out to the max. I explained to Ray what just happened and she made me lay down.

"Just sleep on it. You'll know what you want to do when you wake up." She kissed my lips then laid down pulling me close. I was out like a light minutes later.