25

Friday Morning

I woke up in silence. It was pitch black in my room and my alarm clock read 4:04am. I got on my phone and seen a ton of missed calls and texts. All from Ray. I was about to put my phone back down until it started ringing again.

I answered it. Don't ask.

"Hello." I said with a rough, tired voice.

"Sorry if I woke you up. I just wanted to hear your voice." She said. She sounded so sad that it just about broke my heart.

"Suriya...I'm sorry for ever hurting you. Playing with your feelings. I've been thinking about it a lot. Too much." I apologized trying to hold myself together.

"It's fine. I know how you feel now and I'm..I'm whatever." She said quietly.

"No. You don't know how I feel. I am a little mad about what happened at the mall but I do need you. I was just pissed off."

"You need me?"

"Yes Ray. I need you in every way. But I don't want to move back to Detroit." I said.

"You don't have to J. Can you please come open the door?" She asked. I sat up confused. I hung up the phone and went downstairs. I opened the front door and she was standing there. Leaning against the door frame.

She stood up straight when she seen me. I hugged her tightly and she picked me up with no effort. I felt so right with her. In her arms. She kissed my forehead and put me down.

I grabbed her hand and took her upstairs. We laid in my bed and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Ray I'm willing to give us a try if you are." I said as the slow breaths coming from her nose tickled my forehead.

"I wasn't about to let you get away that easy. I missed you too much. I love you too much." She stated quietly. I was really about to make a big ass mistake by pushing her out of my life. Luckily I was in her arms now and no one else was on my mind.

***

I woke up 2 hours later annoyed with the fact that I had to get ready for school while Ray would be here all day. I just got up and let her sleep. I took a shower and put on my outfit. Khaki shorts, a black button up, black vans, and a gold watch. Simple I guess. I threw my hair up into a tight ponytail and checked my phone. I had a few texts from Bria that I ignored. I didn't want to talk to her or any of them anymore really.

Mikayla turned out to be a crazy ass bitch so why would I want to associate with all her closest friends? I was brushing my teeth when I heard Ray wake up and ask for me. It was so cute. Her eyes weren't even open but she knew I wasn't in the bed with her. 

I rinsed my mouth and sat next to her. She opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"I was hoping I didn't just have a super realistic dream." she said.

"Nope it was all very real. I have to go to school though. So don't get into any trouble while I'm gone." I said.

"I should be saying that to you. When will you be back here?"

"Around 4. Go back to sleep babe. I'll see you later." I said standing up. She grabbed my hand and pouted. She was just a big baby. I laughed and sat back down.

"Can I have a hug and kiss please?" She asked staring at me with her beautiful eyes.

"Of course." I gave her a kiss and hugged her. The hug lasted a couple minutes and I was perfectly okay with that. She finally let me leave and I went downstairs to an empty kitchen. My mom must still be sleeping then.

I skipped breakfast and went outside. I seen Bria in her car and rushed to my own making sure she didn't see me. It was hard living right next door to someone who I didn't want to speak to. Plus going to school with her. I just drove to school and went to homeroom. I guess we had a substitute and a new student today.

I was on my phone texting Ken when I heard the most unexpected thing.

"Ayeee!!! Bestfrandddd!" I looked up and stared at Crys in shock. She was the new student.. I thought she was like 19. She walked over and sat next to me.

"Crys. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Uh my school shut down. Had to come here." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"I didn't know you were still in school.."

"I'm 17 J. How old did you think I was?"

"Well not that young. Anyways I got something to tell you. Don't be mad." I said biting my lip.

"What?"

"You know that girl that punched you right? Well me and her are together now." I proclaimed.

"Damn bestfriend. I'm not mad. If she's making you happy then I'm down with that. Just tell her I'm not no threat to you two. God damn she busted my face for no reason man." She said shaking her head.

"I'll make sure to let her know again." I said with a laugh. Then we got into a conversation about food somehow.

***

After school, I drove home and got there at 3:45. Early. I walked inside and up to my room. Ray was laying in my bed with her eyes closed and headphones on. Rapping along with Yatta. I grabbed her arm and she jumped right out of my bed. I fell to the ground laughing. She threw her phone and headphones onto my chair and picked me up.

"You think that was funny?" She asked.

"Noooo Ray put me down!" I said while still laughing. She threw me onto my bed and got on top of me. She really is all muscle. I was dying. "Babe quit!"

She laughed this time and got off me. She laid next to me and bit my ear.

"How was school?" She asked.

"School was fine. No homework. I'm good. How was my bed?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Sooo fucking comfortable. Now it's even better. I was so bored without you I swear. That's legit how everyday was in Detroit after you left." She explained.

"Awww poor baby. I just wanna be honest right now. I never thought I would crave a relationship with anyone until I met you. Which is crazy to me. Finding you was something new to me. But I am so glad I did. I'm sorry if sometimes it might seem like I'm not interested. Trust me. I'm just good at hiding it."

"Could have warned me. I'm not trying to get teary eyed right now. Thank you for telling me that though. And sorry for hitting your friend. I kind of blacked out when I seen her arm around you."
She apologized while tracing circles on my stomach.

"It's okay. She isn't mad about it really. You wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah. Look up Mockingbird or Hummingbird. One of those I can't remember. But it's really good."

"Alrighty." While I was searching for the movie, she pulled me closer and wrapped her arms around me. It may have been hard for me to figure out but I think I love this girl.