26

Ray in media
2 Months Later

"Guess what!!!" Ray yelled waking me up. I groaned and covered my head with my pillow. She started tickling me until I fell off the bed laughing.

"What Suriya?!" I said panting.

"Um hold up. My name is Babe. I don't know what you thought this was. And you're graduating today!!" She said. She sounded much happier than me. I laughed and got up off the floor.

"Happy 2 month anniversary baby." I said with a smile. She probably thought I forgot because I had been acting like nothing special was happening all week.

"Wow you really was playing with me all damn week?" She asked surprised.

"Of course." I said with a laugh. "Say it back mofo."

"Happy Anniversary." She gave me a kiss and got up. "Now I'm gonna help you get ready for graduation. Get your fine ass in the shower."

I smirked and raced her to the bathroom. She shut the door and started to take off my pajamas. Where did this aggression come from? I don't know but it was great.

She backed me into the shower and closed the shower door. She turned the water on and started tearing me up. I was so unprepared. She had me on her shoulders and on my knees and on my back. It would be an achievement to even be able to walk across the stage today. Pun intended.

After our shower, I dried off while Ray heated up my flat iron. I put on some boxers and a sports bra and Ray made me sit down.

She blow dried my hair and took her time straightening it perfectly. I knew I was in love with her and my dumb ass still hasn't told her. She finished with my hair and went to get my tux.

She came back with my whole outfit. Jewelry and everything.  I put everything on along with the necklace Ray bought me.

"You look gorgeous babe. I'm so happy for you." She said admiring her work. I blushed and looked in the mirror.

"We gotta go." I said looking at the time.

"Did you have to work tonight?" She asked handing me my cap and gown.

"No that's tomorrow night? Why?"

"Nunya. Let's get to the school." She proclaimed pulling me downstairs. My mom was putting on her heels.

"Aww my baby! Come on. I want a picture of the both of you!" She said in excitement. Ray and I laughed and I smiled as Ray put her arm around me. I've never been so happy in my life.

After we took pictures, my mom's driver took us to my school.

"I'll see you in a little while." Ray said.

"Okay. Fight them old ass parents for a good seat." I said. She laughed and gave me a kiss.

"You know I will." She went with my mom to find a seat and I went to the classroom where the seniors were getting ready.

"Jalea! You look fresh as fuck." Bria said walking up to me.

"You look nice too." I said as she fixed my tie.

"Thanks. Where is Ray?"

"She went to go find a seat with my mom." I said as we put on our cap and gown. It was a whole 30 minutes before we went to our seats outside.

***

I did it. I graduated. It wouldn't have been done if I stayed in Detroit. I might still be dealing but I've saved up thousands of dollars and I haven't gotten hurt at all.

After getting through the crowd to Ray and my mom, we got in the car and he drove us to some party building.

"Mom what is this?" I asked.

"JJ we do it big on this side of the family. Welcome to your graduation party." She said as we got out of the car. We went inside and everyone started screaming at me. I swear my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

There were so many people. I knew I didn't know 90% of them since she said they were family. My mom had a microphone in her hands all of a sudden and grabbed my hand.

"Okay everyone, thank you all for coming to celebrate my daughter's graduation. I hope you all take the chance to speak to her but give her some room to have fun. We'll open gifts in an hour or so." She handed the mic to someone else and gave me a hug.

Loud music started playing so the first thing we did was go dance. I met a bunch of family members, cousins and aunts and uncles. Some of my cousins were dope so I got to know them better.

"There goes Miss Universe!" Crys said from behind me. I turned and laughed at her.

"I didn't even know you were here." I said giving her a hug.

"Yeah you so famous. I couldn't even get through the crowd. Your family is deep." She exclaimed looking around.

"Yo who you tellin'? I never even met none of them. But I guess I should formally introduce you to Ray. Ray this is Crys. Crys this is Ray."

They dapped each other up and Ray apologized for the first time in person. Then we all had a fun time.

10pm

"Now that the party is over, I have somewhere to take you." Ray said while we walked all my gifts to my room. My family didn't even know but they went all out with my gifts.

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"Somewhere for me and you only." She proclaimed with a grin. I was so curious now. We got in her car and she handed me a bag of twizzlers.

"You're the best." I said before opening them.

"Aha well I try."

***

She pulled up in a hotel parking lot. One of the expensive 5 star hotels. She got a bag from the trunk and we went inside. I was just amazed how just about everything was crystal clear and shining. Ray took my hand and we walked to the elevator.

"Tonight is about to be special. Just so you know, I don't plan on doing anything but making you feel special." She said kissing my forehead.

"Stoppp. You always make me blush." I said. She laughed and shook her head.

"It's cute. Come on." We went to the room she chose and she made me cover my eyes before going in. She guided me inside and I heard the door shut on its own. "Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and almost freaked out. There was a table full of food. Deserts. Everything. There were candles lit all around. On the bed, rose petals, balloons, a bouquet of flowers, and some gift bags were set out.

Next to the bed, there was a cage with a blanket over it.

"Baby..what is in the cage?" I asked feeling all too overwhelmed.

"Remember when we went to the shelter and you almost cried because of the pitbull?" She asked.

"No you did not.. You got me Kado?!" I ran to the cage and ripped the blanket off. The gorgeous white pitbull stood up and got as excited as me.

Kado had one day left at the shelter before they would have put him down. I was so sad over it. I opened the cage and he just about attacked me. I laughed in excitement. I put him back in the cage and hugged Ray.

"Thank you so much." I said feeling the tears.

"Hold on. That's not all." She grabbed a bag off the bed and pulled out a small box. She opened the box revealing a ring. "Jalea I really can't lose you. I want you to accept this ring as a promise to stay by my side as long as I'm by yours."

I tried so hard not to cry. Mannn man man. I couldn't even say anything. I just wrapped my arms around her and cried. First time crying this hard in 2 and a half months or some shit like that.

"I love you.. So much." I said as she wiped my tears. She's perfect for me. Every single thing about her is perfect for me.