X.

Camila's POV

Dinah and I go back to our dorm as fast as we can because her mother for sure will be calling any minute now. She rushes to the bathroom as soon as I open the door, maybe to throw up and wash herself a bit so that she wouldn't sound so drunk in a phone call.

Oh how I wish nights don't stay like this anymore.

I throw a towel at Dinah for her to use after she washes herself. "Oh my God! How do I look?" She asks me and I burst out laughing. "What? What's wrong?"

"You do realize that what you look right now has no importance to a phone call you're about to do right?" Now it's her turn to laugh. I drink the bottle of water Dinah bought for us before I hand her the phone.

She takes it from me. "God that was awful and I do sound totally drunk right now right?"

"Probably because you're drunk but you don't look drunk. You just sound drunk which makes it seem difficult for the both of us because it's a phone call." Before she responds, the phone rings and it's her mother calling. "Answer it!"

"I don't know what to say dammit! Give me 5 minutes!" I answer the call for her and she glares at me. "What the hell?" She says in a whisper.

"That serves as a comeback for all these nights you involve me." I tell her in a lower voice.

She just looks away and stars talking to her mother. "Hello mom! Why'd you call?" She's looking at me while speaking to her mother. "Of course not! I just went to a friend's house because she asked me to help her with some paperwork." I hold back my laugh because Dinah starts glaring at me. "What? No. You can ask Camila. She went there to fetch me because I left my phone in our dorm." And now it's about me. "You can talk to her. Yes she's here with me." I knew it. She hands me her phone and I wonder what would happen to Dinah if she didn't know me.

"Hello! Yes Dinah's fine." I gave Dinah my fakest smile and she just smiles back. "Yes I did. Yes uhhh I did find her in one of our friends' dorm. H-her name? Uhhh Ally. Yes! She's Ally!" I see Dinah checking something on my phone. I can't get the phone from her because I'm speaking to her mother. Seriously? I'm helping her ass right now and she's trying to mock me. "Yes I'll watch Dinah and make sure to update you whenever she does something bad. But really you've got nothing to worry about at the moment." I hand the phone back to Dinah as she lets go of my phone.

"See mom? You're overreacting! I wish you trust me more than I deserve." This is one of Dinah's acts her friends should get used to whenever she takes a phone call from her mother. She acts like she's really hurt and for that she can request from her oblivious mother. "I found a really sick heels one time at this mall..." She's cut off because her mother already dropped the call from the other line.

"Such rude attitude." She complains.

"Hush Dinah Jane that's your mom."

"Oh right. Thanks for backing me up by the way. Like always." I just nod at her while I fix my bed and get ready to rest. "Anyway, so you were texting Lauren a while ago?" She asks me.

I stop fixing my bed and look at her. "Of course. You told her to." I reply.

"Nope. I didn't. I read the texts though." Here goes with the nickname calling. "I swear I didn't ask her to text you. She just asked me for your number and I gave her because you know each other. She clearly likes you Mila." She says as if she's stating the obvious.

"Are you sure? Maybe you were drunk you forgot you told her to?" I confirm and she thinks. "I mean maybe you are not as drunk as you were. You got to wash yourself now and all but maybe a while ago you just kind of told her to check on me because you're drunk."