“What so you don’t mind people walking around thinking I’m a slut”?

“But you’re not a slut you know that I know that”.

“I will not take that abuse I’ve tried very hard my entire school life to blend nicely into the background I am not abandoning that for people to suddenly notice me as friggin whore”!

“Emma no one would dare –“

“You can dismiss it all you want Dorian but it’s true and what about Jeremy”?

“What about Jeremy”?

“What’ll he think”?

“Why does it matter you’re mine he can’t have you Emma” Dorian crushed his lips to mine before I could register what he said only being able to taste one thing on his tongue, possessive. “My baby nobody else’s, mine” it was more a grunt then anything else but it still made ache.

“Yours” I whispered breathless kissing him back only for him to pull away a minute or so later.

“Good”.

“But I want to tell him myself he’s my best friend I don’t want him to find out so bluntly like that he deserves more”.  I could see he was thinking about it and we were both panting still so I rest my head on his chest feeling my head bobbing less with his breathing calming with the passing seconds.

“Alright fine I won’t take you to school today tell him this morning and I’ll be there to take you home”.

“Thank you” I muttered slightly intoxicated by how much of his smell I’d breathed in while resting against his shirt. I planted a small kiss on his chest so small I doubt he’d notice but I felt better for doing it anyway.

“If you get to kiss my chest does that mean I get to kiss yours”? I felt my face burn at his question.

“No”.

“Why not? It’s only fair”.

“Because”.

“Yesterday I seem to remember –“

“Shh don’t say another word”.

“Please don’t tell me you’re regretting it Emma because –“

“No it’s just lately I’m starting to think my walls are a little thin people keep hearing things I’m saying in here and I don’t know how... actually it’s always you” now I think about it it’s always been Dorian that hears me. I narrowed my eyes at him and backed away slowly. “Have you bugged my room”?

“No don’t be ridiculous”.

“Then how did you hear me yesterday”?

“I knew it! I knew you said I want to die”! He’d completely switched the conversation.

“How? I left you downstairs and I sure as hell didn’t hear you come up the stairs”.

“I think the real issue here is your suicidal tendencies Emma”.

“What suicidal tendencies”?

“Come on! Knowing already how you would do it and then actually admitting that you want to die – twice”! 

“What are you talking about? I am not suicidal”!

“I never said you were I said you had tendencies to be you see Emma? I think maybe you should stay home with me for a little while before you go back to school”.

“No Dorian stop it stop making me out to be a crazy person you’re dodging my questions, don’t you dare try to side track me it won’t work”! He looked caught between exasperation and... being aroused, what? Dorian sauntered over to me backing me against the wall bending a little to kiss my neck.