2.8 - State of Emergency

Rin sat silently in Ji Young's car, tension thick in the air. She didn't know why she was mad. Maybe it was because Ji Young was a lot more protective than her own family, always wondering where she was and what she was doing. She loved him... as an ultimate bias but... as a boyfriend? She shook her head to erase the thought. She wasn't allowed to date anyway. She heard that Koreans were very clingy in relationships and she doesn't think she'd like that. Sure, she was Korean too but she was raised in America by her "American" dad so she doesn't count, in her mind. She looked out the window and saw that it started to snow a little more than usual. She shivered as she felt slightly cold. Ji Young saw it and despite being mad at her, he went over and turned the heat on. He wasn't cold at all, mostly cause he was mad but he didn't want Seungri to take her back to the dorm. Knowing him, he would just bring her to a club regardless if she wanted to or not. TOP was heading to a script reading for a new movie he's going to be in, Daesung could have brought her home but... Ji Young shook his head. Since he was going to be doing a collaboration with her, he needed to have a more personal connection with her. He never told her but he watches the trainees a lot during their classes. Whether it'd be dancing, singing, writing and language, he would watch by the door, never going in. Watching her struggling in some classes and excelling in others brought him back to his trainee days. Unlike her, he was always worried on his future. The trainees these days seemed so relaxed, mostly because of YG's name. When he joined YG, YG wasn't as big as SM and when he was at SM, his future was almost unknown. Rin saw him click the heat.

"Thanks." She muttered, unsure if he was still mad at her. Ji Young just nodded to acknowledge her before bringing his attention back to the streets. The snow ended up turning into a blizzard. Rin looked around, concerned. His car was shaking from the heavy winds and she was shocked that he could see through the snow... or at least she hoped he did, not just driving aimlessly. A huge gust of wind suddenly hit his car and it caused the car to swerve. Rin screamed and covered her eyes until Ji Young steadied into a complete stop.

"Are you okay?" He asked after a few seconds. Rin nodded, no words able to form. He flipped the radio on and that's when they heard the announcement.

Due to the large storm, we are under a state of emergency.

If you find yourselves in a car outside, please remain in your car until the storm passes.

If you are at home, stay at home.

Do not go outside right now.

There is zero visibility so there is a high chance that you will be lost in the storm.

"I think we're going to be stuck here for a bit..." Ji Young said, trying to look out the window but can't. He didn't notice Rin trembling until he turned to see why she was so quiet. His face went from being completely annoyed to surprise before his face went soft. "Rin?" She blinked a few times before looking at him. Her cheeks went red in embarrassment. She looked down.

"I'm sorry... I was... I'm not..." She couldn't find her words. Her body was still trembling from the experience of almost getting into a car crash. This is why she preferred busses and trains. He put a careful hand on her head. Her blonde hair felt so soft on his finger tips.

"Hey... Everything's ok. I'm sorry... I was driving a bit too fast despite the weather." He apologized. Rin seemed to understand.

"I... I don't usually ride in cars so... I'm not quite used to it." She said. Ji Young nodded understandingly, patting her hair softly. She was like a pet.

"That's because of New York City, right?" He asked. Rin nodded.

"Hey... do you think the internet works?" Rin asked, looking at her phone. Ji Young than remembered that she wanted to skype her dad.