Auva - Part 5

12 and a half years ago...

"Nova baby, come on." Lauren said, looking at her six year old.

"No." The little girl whimpered from where she sat in the car.

"Camz, can you talk to her while I get Camden out?" Lauren asked her wife who was now three months pregnant.

"Sure thing, babe." The brown eyed girl responded, getting out from the passenger seat and walking over to the side Nova sat in.

"Nova, what's wrong?" Camila asked her daughter softly, looking into those electric green eyes.

"I don't want to leave. My school is here. All my friends are here." Nova cried, tears pricking at her eyes.

Lauren gave Camila a sympathetic look as she held on to their sleeping two year old.

Luckily, the bakery's parking lot was empty so they could have a quiet family talk without being disturbed.

"I know it's unfair sweetie. It's just, Mommy has stuff she needs to do in Miami. You can see both of your grandmas and grandpas as much as you'd like." Camila tried to reason.

"Aubrey's here." Nova said, pleading with her eyes. Both moms took a deep sigh. They hated separating Nova from her best friend but this was an opportunity Lauren couldn't miss.

"Aubrey is inside right now. I promise, we'll make sure Aubrey's moms allow her to call and text you." Camila said, reminding the small green eyed girl that her best friend was here.

She took off, bolting into the bakery while Lauren and Camila walked behind.

"Camz, this is going to be tough on her." Lauren said sadly.

"I know, baby. But, she's having a tough time anyway. She's not very social so maybe Miami can help her." Camila said hopefully.

She remembered Miami vaguely from her childhood before she moved away to New York. Her parents had moved back to Miami after Camila went to UCLA and built a life here.

"Let's hope." Lauren said as they made their way inside and were met with their group.

Little seven year old Oliver was struggling to fend off his mother who was trying to clean his mouth. Liam was talking sports with Dinah while Normani had given some crayons and coloring books to Aubrey and Nova who were now holding hands.

"Camren!" Everyone shouted once they entered. Even Oliver, earning a laugh from Aubrey and Nova.

"Now we can get this going away party started!" Dinah yelled, earning a glare from her wife.

---

"A-Aubrey." Nova whimpered after a while of them coloring. Aubrey looked at Nova and immediately pulled her into a hug.

"What's wrong?" Aubrey asked, concerned.

"I don't want to leave." Nova muttered, looking down.

"I don't want you to leave either. Mommy said you have to go, but I'll get to see you again." Aubrey said sadly.

Nova looked up hopefully.

"You will?" She whispered excitedly.

Aubrey nodded triumphantly as she was able to put a smile on her best friend's face.

"I'm gonna miss you." Aubrey said, hugging the girl as their parents packed up.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Aubrey." Nova said.

Aubrey watched as their car pulled away.

Due to the high level stress of having a new child and Normani and Dinah's ever demanding jobs, Lauren and Camila weren't able to keep Nova's promise and allow them to stay in touch.