“Don’t test me little boy do you have any idea of what I’m capable of? I’m a two hundred year old vampire do not piss me off”.

“Please spare me, had you of said that before we started my project I would’ve had second thoughts but don’t forget what you told me I know how to kill you”.

“And you want murder on your hands? What about Emma Alec? Remember what I told you what happens when you lose a mate”?

“She’s human it’s not the same” he scoffed dismissive and slightly uneasy.

“Yes it is Alec very much so, she’ll kill herself I promise you because it’s what I’d do if I ever lost her”.

“Just leave her alone Dorian for God’s sake for Emma’s sake” he begged.

“She loves me too it’s not one sided”.

“How can you be so sure that she loves you for real? Not just because of the bond huh”?

“Because she told me and that’s why she’s sleeping now, the bond is finalising”.

“Well then I’ll just have to go wake her up” I darted in front of the doorway arms spread and hands clutching the frame.

“Don’t you dare move a muscle” Alec smiled evilly and took a small vial out of his pocket, shit.

“Recognise it Dorian? This is a little of that magic paste you told me about, really easy to make actually just a little dirt from a church and a dash more of some holy water, piece of cake really”.  

“What reason have I ever given you to use it against me”?

“You didn’t it was insurance I couldn’t just bring a vampire into my house without a precaution”.

“You have to understand Alec, please I love her I would never do anything to hurt Emma I would only always protect her”.

“It’s you she needs protecting from Dorian, are you going to turn her”?

“There’s no other choice, but of course I wouldn’t do it until she felt ready I’d never make the final decision for her”.

“You’re not turning my sister Dorian you’re going to leave her alone and no one will get hurt”.

“No just me and Emma” I spat “what part of all that I told you about mates do you not understand? We cannot be without each other, we’ve had arguments Alec we’re not perfect and every time we’ve gone away before it’s fixed we go crazy thinking about each other and now with the bond in place it’s going to be so much worse”.

“I’ll find a way to fix it, to break the bond and then everything will be fine” Alec was talking more to himself than me but I didn’t care he cannot take my baby away from me.

“I can’t let you do that. Alec please I love your sister very much with every fibre of my being I will not lose her to anything, not even to you”.

“Wrong choice”. Alec stood extending the arm with the vial in it towards me un-stoppering it with his thumb. “Last chance Dorian” he was getting uncomfortably close with that liquid death of his, but I will not move from this door and then I heard her.

“Dorian” it was a small breath and she was still tucked up safely in her bed just where I left her and it’s my fault she’s awake, she sensed my fear the fear of my life being ended had brought her out of her sleep too early. Using my unnatural speed I appeared in Emma’s room in the time it would’ve taken Alec to realise I’m gone and locked the door behind me. “Dorian”?