Chapter 51

Just want to say that you guys are truly amazing. And that I love you all.

Zoey's pov (a week later)

"Hey Cindy," I greet, opening my door, "What's up?"

"Zoey," she starts, a panicked expression on her face, "You need to get out of here. Right now."

"What? Why?" I question.

"I just overheard Mrs. Hare talking on the phone with 5 Seconds of Summer's management. The boys hired a lawyer. He was really good and he found a way they can get you back. Management is ticked off. They're paying Hare extra money to send you away to a new orphanage. That way, they can never find you!" She exclaims.

The color drains out of my face, "The sick bastards!"

"I know. Look, I managed to take this from Hare when she was asleep. Take it and go get back to your brothers," Cindy commands. She shoves a wad of money into my hands.

"You come with me. There's more than enough money for the two of us," I tell her.

Cindy gives me a small, sad smile and shakes her head no.

"What do you mean no? I don't want to just, leave you!" I protest.

"Zoey, there isn't enough money. You know what you need to do. Fly out and go get the boys. But be careful about it. Management is looking for you. And they know what you look like now," she warns.

I nod, biting my lip, "I'm going to miss you so much. I swear, after I get the boys, I'll be back for you."

"You don't have to do that," Cindy replies.

"Yes, I do," I tell the thirteen year old in front of me. Her smile grows even bigger and she wraps her arms around my waist, giving me a tight hug.

I hug her back just as tight. I was going to miss her so much.

"If the boys come by or send anyone by, tell them that I'm gone. We need to make them hate management even more. Enough so that they'll fire them. I don't want the boys to be dragged into a new contract," I instruct. She nods and hugs me again.

"Good luck, big sister," Cindy whispers in my ear. I almost start crying again. But I remember that I have to leave. I give her one last hug, then grab my backpack from the corner. I sling it over my shoulders, then carefully climb out of the window. I make my way down the fire escape, barely breathing. All it would take to bust me is for one person to look out of the window.

I hit the ground, undetected. I thank God, then take off running down the sidewalk, the opposite way that our house is. If I were management and the kid I was trying to keep away escaped, the first place I'd check would be the house.

I run for a little while until I reach woods. I slowly make my way into the forest, being careful not to go in too deep.

I just need a place to rest. And I also want to count how much money I have.

After I finish counting, I find out that I have a couple thousand dollars on me. Two thousand and five hundred to be exact. And I know exactly what it has to go to.

Without another thought, I stand up and walk out of the woods. I pull the hood up on my hoodie and walk down the sidewalk, towards the airport.

I was going to get my boys back.