Chapter 23

Zoey's pov

"How many songs do I have to do?" I ask Ashton, nervously twirling the hem of my shirt.

"Just six. And Nia agreed to play drums for you. Peyton and Charlotte are going to do bass and guitar," Ash tells me. I nod and take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

I decide that I should go back to my room and try to decide what six songs I want to do.

I decide on This is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco almost immediately. I click on my playlists and scroll through those for inspiration.

I find Paper Doll by Bea Miller. Then I grab my song book out. I scour it until I find Good Life and My Happy Ending. That means I have four out of six.

I decide to do a Taylor Swift song, We Are Never Getting Back Together and an R5 song, Lightning Strikes. There. Now I have my six songs.

"Zoey! Time to go to rehearsals!" Calum shouts from the room next door. I grab my list of songs, as well as my phone and song book, then walk out of my suite.

"Got your songs for tonight?" Luke asks me, gesturing to the booking my hands. I nod, not really wanting to speak. I was really nervous about tonight.

"What songs are we doing tonight?" Charlotte demands, trying to snatch my list away from me. I hold it out of my reach so she can't grab it.

"Zoey, if we're playing for you, then the three of us kind of have one know what songs we're playing," Nia tells me.

"I guess you're right," I mutter, lowering the list.

"This is Gospel, We Are Never Getting Back Together, Paper Doll, Lightning Strikes, Good Life, and My Happy Ending," I tell Peyton, Charlotte, and Nia.

"I've never heard of Good Life and My Happy Ending. Who are they by?" Peyton asks me.

"Me," I reply, twirling my hands together.

"You wrote these?" Nia asks, reading through the lyrics. I nod, suddenly feeling very shy.

"I'm impressed. I think you've got yourself an awesome set list, Zoey," she compliments, passing the songs to Peyton and Charlotte.

"Thanks," I mutter.

"Zoey, don't be nervous. Trust me, it's really not that bad. You're an amazing artist, you'll be awesome. Now let's go get ready for the show later," Nia tells me. I nod, feeling a little more confident. Nia and Charlotte get up to go get ready.

"Don't worry, Zoey. Like Nia said, you'll be fine," Peyton assures, helping me up.

I smile and hug him tightly, "Thank you so much, Peyton."

"No problem," he replies.

I grin, "I love you, Peyton."

My boyfriend's face lights up like a Christmas tree. He kisses me.

"I love you too, Zoey."