Chapter 14

Zoey's pov

I walk the the front door of the house, waving goodbye to Andrew. He waves back, then drives off. I close the front door, then look around. I see a note hanging on the kitchen counter. I go over and grab it.

Dear Zoey,

We went to rehearsals for Sounds Live Feels Live. Charlotte and Peyton are still here. Have fun and we'll see you guys tonight.

XOXO -The boys

I managed to get through all of that without the words floating off of the paper too much. Damn dyslexia.

"Guys?" I yell.

"Upstairs!" Charlotte yells back. I drop my backpack and walk over to the staircase.

I was halfway upstairs, when my best friend came running down and stopped me.

"Don't go up there!" Charlotte commands, blocking my path.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because Peyton and I are working on a surprise for you," she tells me.

"I'm ready now!" Peyton yells from what sounds like my bathroom. I frown even deeper. What on earth is Peyton doing in my bathroom?

Charlotte grabs my arm and yanks me up the rest of the stairs. She shoves me into my room.

Peyton walks out of the bathroom and I gasp. He grins shyly. I walk over to him.

I reach up and touch a piece of his hair. His now bright BLUE hair.

"Do you like it?" He asks softly.

"Like it?" I ask, still running my fingers through it, "I love it! It looks so good!"

Peyton smiles and wraps his arms around my body, puller me closer to him. He presses his lips against mine.

"Oh my God, Percy! Do you and Ashes see that? That's your mommy!" Charlotte squeals.

I groan and pull my lips away from Peyton's, "Really Charlotte? We were kind of doing something. Way to kill the mood."

"Well I'm sorry. My Zeyton heart was about to explode. But you guys should be thanking me. I just got your new lockscreen," she replies, holding up her phone, displaying the picture of me and Peyton kissing.

"That's cute. And what's a Zeyton?" He asks, scrunching his nose in confusion.

"Don't worry about. But trust me, it's adorable," Charlotte replies, grinning.

"Hey, do you guys want to go to the beach?" I ask out of nowhere.

"Yeah! I've been dying to go to the beach! It's way too cold in Maine!" Charlotte yells.

Peyton nods excitedly, "I have a pair of swim trunks that the boys let me borrow when we went swimming the other night."

"You went swimming with my brothers?" I ask him, smiling as Charlotte shoves him out of my room so that we could get changed.

"Yeah. It was that night that you and Charlotte and the sleep over in your-" Char cuts him off by slamming the door in his face.

"That wasn't very nice," I say, as walk into my closet to get changed.

"I know. But if I didn't slam the door, then you guys would've never shut up," Charlotte replies, grabbing a bikini and walking into my bathroom. I grin, she was right.