Chapter 5

Zoey's pov

The door swings open. Calum is the first person I see. He hasn't seen me yet though.

I'll be honest, he didn't look very good. Stubble and bags under his eyes along with sweatpants, a ripped up tank top, and messy hair all contributed to this.

I hold my breath as he looks up. His eyes look into mine for half of a second, then they widen.

"Zoey," he gasps out, seeming to be frozen. I nod, unable to speak. Peyton lets go of my hand and pushes me forwards.

Calum pulls me into his arms. I bury my face in his chest, breathing in his familiar scent. I missed him so damn much. I missed them all.

"Wh- where are the other boys?" I ask, my voice cracking. My face was still in his warm chest and my body was still in his tight embrace.

"Inside. God damn it, Zoey. We thought we lost you," Calum breathes. Something wet hits my forehead. I glance up and see that Calum was crying. That only makes me break down. He holds me tighter.

Calum, Peyton, and I walk into the family room in the mansion, where the boys were all spread out on the couch, watching the news. I put a finger up to my lips, signalling for Calum and Peyton to be quiet. They both grin and nod.

I slowly creep forwards and slide my arms around Ashton's neck.

"What the hel-" He cuts himself short after he sees me. Ashton gasps, then literally pulls me over to back of the couch, and onto his lap.

He wraps his arms around me, squishing me in a hug. Michael and Luke gasp, and two more pairs of arms wrap around the side and back of my body. Another set of arms joins in, and I realize that it has to be Calum.

"We thought you were dead," Luke sobs into my shoulder.

"Why did you think that?" I question, confused.

"After the cops got the Range brothers, they were dragging them away and they were screaming how it was too late. And that they had killed you," Michael explains, still holding onto me tightly, like he was scared that I was disappear.

"They lied. Again. Although, I probably would've been dead if it weren't for Peyton," I tell my older brothers.

"Who's Peyton?" Luke asks, still holding tightly to me. I look over at Peyton, who was standing alone in the doorway of the room, smiling and watching my brothers and me. I catch his eye, then gesture him over. He hesitates for a second, then gives in and comes over.

"This is Peyton, guys," I tell the boys. Mikey, Calum, Ashton, and Luke look up at him, and smile.

"Thank you so much for bringing our little sister home," Mikey says, smiling.

"No problem. I wasn't gonna let her come alone," Peyton replies.

"Why am I not even surprised that Zoey wanted to try to face them alone?" Calum laughs. I grin.

I missed my brothers so much.