Chapter 8

Zoey's pov

"When did you meet Peyton?" Charlotte demands, sitting criss cross on my bed.

"The day after I escaped," I reply, trying to keep the blush off of my face. Charlotte had dragged me up to my bedroom and was interrogating me about Peyton, while my brothers were playing Guitar Hero with Peyton.

"When did you realize that you liked him?" She asks.

"I don't know. He was just, always there for me when we were traveling here. It was just like I woke up one day, and was like 'Oh. Man, I really like you.' Ya know?" I ask her.

Charlotte nods and squeals excitedly, "Which do you like better? Poey? Or Zeyton?"

I hide my face in my hands, blushing like crazy.

Charlotte ignores me, "I think I like Zeyton more. Yeah. That's your guys' ship name! God, I ship you and Peyton so hard!"

"What's shipping?" Ashton questions, flopping down on my bed between me and Charlotte.

"Shipping is when you want two people to be in a relationship. So much. It can hurt," Charlotte explains.

"You want Zoey and Peyton to date?" Ashton questions, his eyebrows scrunching together. My face was burning up.

"Yes. More than anything. They'd be so cute together. Do you see the way Zoey looks at Peyton?" Char questions, freaking out.

"Ashton, not to be rude or anything, but why are you up here? I mean, I thought you were playing Guitar Hero with Michael, Calum, Luke, and Peyton," I say.

"I was. But now it's only Peyton and Michael playing. Me, Luke, and Calum got tired of the two of them kicking our asses," he tells me, pouting. Charlotte and I laugh.

"So Ashton, what are your thoughts about Zoey and Peyton?" Charlotte questions, bringing the conversation to my love life. I groan and hit myself in the head with a pillow.

"I think that I like him more than I liked Hayes and Riley. I think he'd treat her better, and make her happier. So, if they decided to date, I'll be happy for them. Unless Peyton breaks my little sister's heart. Then I'd have to destroy him," Ashton answers.

"I'm done with this conversation," I announce.

"But we just got one fourth of your brothers to approve Zeyton!" Charlotte exclaims.

"I'm going downstairs to get a water bottle. By the time I get back, you should be ready to talk about something else," I call, walking out of my room.

Charlotte's pov

I watch Zoey leave her room. I wait until I hear her at the bottom of the stairs, then I turn to Ashton.

"We need to throw her a sixteenth birthday party," we say at the same time.

"Tomorrow. We can have Michael take her out in the morning, then me you, Calum, Luke, and Peyton can decorate and stuff," Ashton tells me.

I nod, "Who are we inviting?"

"Us four, you, Peyton, Hey Violet, Bryana. Do you guys have any other friends she'd like there?" Ashton questions.

"Her old body guard, Andrew. He's her friend," I answer. He nods, then signals for me to be quiet. A minute later, Zoey walks back into her bedroom.

"Alright Ashton, I love you. But please get out. I want to spend some girl time with Charlotte before she goes home," Zoey says. Ashton pouts, then gives Zoey a hug, before walking through the door. He winks at me, then walks down the hallway to go play with the boys again.