Chapter 44

Zoey's pov

I'm quiet the entire time I got my nails painted. I'm quiet when Bryana tries to talk to me. I'm quiet as we walk out to the van. And on the drive back. I don't speak in the elevator, or on the walk back to the hotel rooms.

As soon as we were about half way down our hallway, I feel myself start to break apart on the inside. I bite the inside of my mouth, then go running the rest of the way. I get into my room and slam the door shut. I lock it, then slide down until I hit the ground. Then I proceed to break down. I start to sob loudly, gasping for air.

"Zoey! Zoey, let me in now!" Bryana yells, pounding her fists on the door. I ignore her and put my head in my hands.

"Bryana?" I hear Ashton ask on the other side of the door, "What's going on?"

"Zoey won't let me into the room. Ashton, I'm scared she might do something," Bryana replies. There's about a minute of silence. Or at least talking that can't be hear over my cries. I assume Bryana's telling Ashton what happened.

"Zoey!" Ashton yells, frantically banging on the door, "Please let us in."

"No!" I scream, tears still running down my cheeks, "I want to be alone." By now, I could hear more voices outside of my door. Michael. Calum. Luke. My heart drops some more after hearing Charlotte and Peyton. Then Jace.

I instantly feel a pang of sorry for him. He doesn't know that his girlfriend kissed his best friend, my boyfriend.

"Zoey, we'll leave you alone for tonight, after you swear that you won't hurt yourself," Michael says through the door.

"I-I won't," I say, taking another shaky breath.

"We're holding you to that," Luke tells me. I hear them all walk away. Or at least I thought it was all of them.

"Zoey, can I please talk to you?" Charlotte calls softly. Panic rises in my throat. She was the one I absolutely didn't want to talk to. She was my best friend. We know everything about each other. And she betrayed me.

I start to cry harder. I curl up in a fetal position, hugging my knees to my chest tightly.

After a few minutes, I hear Charlotte sigh in defeat. Then I hear her footsteps as she walks away from my door.

My sobs fade into hiccups. I feel my eyes become droopy. Then I give into sleep.