Chapter 30

Zoey's pov

"You could've been taken again!" Luke lectures me.

"I know," I mutter, scooping another bite of mac-n-cheese into my mouth. It was totally worth it.

"What were you thinking?" Ashton yells.

"I was hungry and wanted Panera Bread. Calum said I could go," I say.

"Correction, I said that you could go if you took Andrew with you. Which you didn't do," Calum points out.

"That's because I couldn't find him and he wasn't answering his calls or texts," I defend, "I'm fine guys. Can we please just drop it? I've learned my lesson."

"Your forehead is bleeding," Michael blurts out. I frown and stand up, walking towards the mirror. Sure enough, my head was bleeding. I grab a paper towel and press it to my head.

"I guess a pap got me with their camera or something," I shrug.

"The paparazzi were there too?" Luke asks me. I nod.

"I thought it was just fans," Ashton mutters.

"Okay boys, I think that Zoey's learned her lesson. We really have to go talk about the show tomorrow," Andrew tells the boys. My brothers nod and stand up, following him out of the room.

"Wait! Why do you guys have to talk about the show tomorrow night?" I ask, grabbing Michael's arm, stopping him.

"We need to figure out who's going to be playing bass and guitar for you," Mikey answers.

"I can play guitar. And Charlotte plays bass," I say, getting confused. Charlotte always plays bass.

"She's back in LA. He mom was in a really bad car accident. She's in critical condition. She wanted to say goodbye to you too, but you were gone," Luke tells me. Then the five of them leave my room, closing the door behind me.

Well now I feel even worse. I glance down at my half eaten mac-n-cheese and decide that I'm not hungry anymore. Even my chocolate chip cookie didn't look appetizing to me at the moment.

I sigh and flop on my bed backwards. I sink down, just lying there, bored and guilty. I should've been here to help Charlotte.

I sulk for a few more minutes then get even more bored and decide to try to write a new song.

I was more successful with that.