Chapter 43

Zoey's pov

"Are you sure that you don't want to come with me?" I ask Charlotte, giving her the puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry, Zoey," she starts, "but I already promised Jace that we'd hang out today. I can't help but grin. The Chace ship was sailing through smooth waters.

"It's okay. I get it. Your boyfriend is more important than your best friend," I sigh, being way over-dramatic.

Charlotte rolls her eyes at me and laughs, "Yep, he is." I pretend to be offended. She laughs some more and shoves me off of her bed. I tumble onto the floor, giggling.

"Zoey! Are you ready to go?" Bryana calls.

"Yeah," I shout back. I climb off of the hotel floor and brush the dust off of my butt.

I turn to Charlotte, "Last chance. You can ditch your boyfriend and come to the spa with me and Bryana."

"As tempting as that sounds, I can't. I'll take a rain check though," she says.

"Fine," I sigh. She stands up and gives me a tight hug. I hug her back, then slide my flip flops on. I wave goodbye, then leave her room to go find Bryana.

"You don't know how much I needed a girls day," I tell Bryana, as we sit in the waiting area of the spa.

She puts her phone down, "Why? Is everything okay?"

"I guess," I mutter half heartedly drawing shapes on my legs.

"Zoey, what's wrong? What happened?" She pressures.

"Well, nothing happened," I trail off. She gives me a look basically saying 'continue or else'.

"Peyton. He's been acting weird the last couple of days. Like, he gets really nervous around me. And if Charlotte and I are in the same room, he makes some really lame excuse up and then leaves. I'm worried Bryana. What if he doesn't like me anymore?" I ask, my fears getting the best of me. I couldn't loose Peyton.

Something crosses Bryana's face. Panic. Then nervousness. She knew what was going on.

"Tell me," I demand. She hesitates. But before she can answer, we're called back to get our nails done.

I drop it for now, but was not completely done talking about this. Bryana was going to tell me what was going on with my boyfriend. Whether she wanted to or not.

"Hey, can you turn that up please?" I ask the employee who was getting ready to pain my nails. She nods and turns the television up for me.

"-know the popular band, 5 Seconds of Summer adopted a teenage girl a while back. But not as many know that Zoey Irwin has a boyfriend. And apparently a cheating boyfriend," the E! news host says, flashing a mysterious look at the camera.

Bull shit, I think. Peyton would never cheat on me. I glance over at Bryana and see that she has a panicked look on her face.

"Our photographers recently snapped these pics when Peyton, Zoey's boyfriend, and another girl got cozy at a restaurant," he continues. A picture flashes up on the screen. And my heart breaks.

Peyton. With his lips on another girl. And that other girl was Charlotte. My heart shatters even more.

"Resources have identified the girl as Zoey best friend, Charlot-" I turn the television off, cutting off the rest of the story.

I look away from Bryana and close my eyes, trying to stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. It works. I take a few shaky breaths, trying to hold it together.

He cheated on me. With my best friend.