Chapter 47

Zoey's pov

"Zoey!" Charlotte yells after she spots me. She let's go of Jace's hand and goes running down the hallway towards me. I let go of Peyton's hand and embrace her.

"I swear it was an accident. I'd never do that to you, Zoey," Char sobs into my shoulder. I hug her tightly, rubbing her back.

"I know, Charlotte. I belive that it was an accident." My best friend smiles at me and wipes her eyes, clearly relieved.

"Are you sure that you two aren't mad us? I mean, I'd be pretty pissed still if it were flipped," Peyton says, glancing at me and Jace.

"Nah man. I know you. And I know that you'd never kiss my girl on purpose. Or cheat on your girl," Jace replies, dismissing the topic with the wave of his hand. I nod along with him.

"I'm glad to see that you guys made up," Calum says, walking out of his room. I grin and give him a hug.

"I'm glad we did too. I hate it when we aren't best friends,"Charlotte complains, pulling me away from Peyton. I laugh and hug her again. Charlotte had a giant grin on her face. Then it slowly starts to fade away. I frown and follow her gaze.

"Peyton," she says, "you didn't. Tell me that, that's not what I think it is." She was looking at his bandaged wrists.

Peyton finds a sudden interest in his shoes and the hotel carpet.

"You swore that you wouldn't," Charlotte says, still holding onto me.

"He did?" I ask.

She nods, "Before we knew that pictures were taken, we were going to try to hide the fact that we 'kissed'. We were terrified that you might not forgive us. It hardly worked. We were so awkward around each other. Then, after we found out that pictures were taken, we both got really scared. Zoey, we didn't want to lose you and Jace. We were both freaking out. Peyton started getting really depressed. He was terrified of losing you. I caught him one afternoon, about to cut. I stopped him then and made him swear that he wouldn't. He apparently crossed his fingers or something."

"Why'd you do it, Peyton?" Jace asks, moving over beside his best friend.

"I- I thought I was going to lose my Zoey. And when she was behind that door, I didn't know what she was going to do. I know she told the boys that she wouldn't do anything, but I was still terrified. I couldn't live with the thought that I might make my Zoey hurt herself," Peyton answers quietly.

"We're all okay though. The past is past. We've all moved on. There's no sense reflecting on what can't be changed," I say, trying to change the topic. I could see how uncomfortable Peyton was. He looks up and sends me a grateful look. I smile in return.

"Are you guys ready to go? We have another show in a little bit,"  Luke tells us.

All four of us nod, "Let's go."