Chapter 19

Zoey's pov

"So, where are we going?" I ask Peyton as we walk down the sidewalk, our hands intertwined.

"We are going to go bowling. I happen to know for a fact that you love it there," Peyton replies, swinging our arms back and forth.

I grin, "You are correct. I bet I'll kick your ass tonight."

"No way, Irwin," he laughs. I join in and follow him inside the building.

We pay for our game and shoes, then go and search for bowling balls. I find an electric blue ball and grab it, carrying it over to our lane. Peyton had found a highlighter yellow one.

"Man," I tease, "If your bowling skills are as good your color choosing skills, then I have this in the bag."

"Haha," Peyton laughs, "but this is the only ball that feels right."

I roll my eyes, "Sure. You're up." Peyton kisses me quickly, then goes up to the lane. He throws the ball and knocks all of the pins down.

"You're my lucky charm," he tells me, as he walks back. I glare at him, then walk up to the lane.

I throw my ball and it knocks over all of the pins as well. I smirk and walk back over to my boyfriend, "Game on."

Peyton smirks back, "Bring it on, baby." I'll admit it, when he called me baby, I got butterflies. But I quickly shake it off. I can't afford to have his distract me.

By the time we got down to the last two throws of the game, we were still tied. And I was hungry.

"Peyton," I call, as he grabs his neon ball. He turns to face me, eyebrows raised.

"I'm going to go get mozzarella sticks for us. What do you want to drink?" I ask, grabbing my wallet.

"Pepsi please," he replies. I nod, then kiss his cheek then walk over to the food counter.

I walk back to our table, carrying the basket of mozzarella sticks, Pepsi, and my Mountain Dew.

"You're turn, Zoey. Just two more until I beat you," Peyton taunts. I stick my tongue out at him, take a sip of my drink, then go and grab my ball. I knock all but two of the pins over. I hear Peyton celebrating behind me. I throw my second ball and knocks them down. I grumble and walk back over to the table.

Peyton was too busy laughing at me to throw the ball straight. It goes into the gutter, and he shuts up. I start laughing and take my last turn.

I end up beating Peyton by two points. He was cool with it though. He gave me a congratulatory kiss as soon as we sat down to eat.

"Good job, Zoey," Peyton compliments, "I'll admit it, I was wrong. You did kick my ass." I laugh and lean my head on his shoulder. He kisses my head.

I've been on a few dates, but this one is definitly the best one.