Chapter 10

Zoey's pov

"Say hi Uncle Michael," I tell my new puppy, as we drive back to the house.

"Mikey," I call. Michael looks up from his phone. "Hi," I finish, waving one of his paws.

"Hi- what's your dog's name?" He questions.

"Percy," I answer, kissing the top of his head.

"That's cute," he says. I grin, and snuggle my puppy.

"Let me see Percy please," Michael says, stopping me outside the front door. I frown and pass him my puppy. Michael grins mischievously at me, then gestures for me on open the door.

"Surprise!" A bunch of voices yell, as the lights turn on. I jump back into Michael, screaming.

"Happy late sixteenth birthday Zoey!" Miranda yells, tackling me with a hug. I laugh and hug her back.

"I'm so glad that you're back!" Nia yells, hugging me too. I grin.

"Why'd you guys do this?" I ask, sitting down on the couch between Charlotte and Luke.

"Because we missed your sixteenth birthday. You didn't really think that we were just gonna skip it, did you?" Bryana questions, giving me my tenth hug from her.

"I was kind of hoping," I reply, grinning. She lightly smacks the back of my head.

"Present time!" Michael yells, picking Percy up off of the floor. He places him in my lap, grinning.

I laugh, "Thank you, Michael. And let me guess, you already named him?"

Mikey laughs, "Yep, Percy." I smile and kiss my puppy's head.

"It's not as exciting as puppy, but we you concert tickets to see Panic! At the Disco," Ashton says, wrapping his arms around Bryana's waist, pulling her onto his lap.

"Shut up!" I exclaim, hugging them both tightly. Brashton smiles and hugs me back.

I glance over and see Hey Violet, standing in front of me, grinning and holding a hand behind their backs. They all four exchange a glance, then hold out stuffed ninja turtles, all four of them. I smile widely and give Miranda, Nia, Rena, and Casey each a hug.

"Well, Calum and I teamed up for ours. And we didn't know that Michael was getting you a puppy," Luke tells me. I nod, confused. Calum reaches over top of me and places a tiny kitten in my lap.

"Aw," I say, my heart melting. Percy sniffs at the kitten, who watches him. He decides he likes her, and licks her.

"She's so cute. Thank you guys," I say, hugging them.

"No problem. What's her name?" Calum questions, watching me stroke her.

"Ashes," I answer.

"Hi Ashes," Mikey says softly, reaching over and taking Ashes off of my lap. He nuzzles her face against his.

"She's Zoey's kitten, not yours," Luke reminds.

"Shut up, Hemmings," Michael mutters. I laugh.

"Here you go," Charlotte says, handing me half of a best friends necklace. She grins and shows me the other half, which was around her neck. I smile widely and hug her, "Thank you, Char."

"No problem, Zoey. And there's also one more thing," she tells me, as she puts the necklace on me.

"You didn't have to get me anything else," I start.

"I didn't. It's from me and my mom. She got a job transfer. I'm moving back out to Cali. My new house is literally fifteen minutes from here, if you walk," Charlotte exclaims.

"Oh my God! That's so awesome!" I yell, hugging her tightly.

"I know right! Now this way, if you go to the hospital, I won't be across the country, freaking out about you!" She laughs. I giggle with her.

"Cake time. And Andrew should be here soon. He got caught up at work," Bryana tells me. I nod, happy that I would get to see him again.

Bryana walks into the kitchen to get the cake.

Five minutes later, everyone had sang to me, and had a piece of cake. I was about to bite into mine, when I realized someone was missing. I frown, and set down my cake. Then I stand up, and leave the room, searching for Peyton.