Chapter 26

Zoey's pov

"Go away," I mutter to Michael, who was blocking my view of my laptop. He rolls his eyes and closes the screen, cutting off my Netflix.

"Zoey, are you really drowning your sorrows in Netflix and ice cream.

I put another bite of Oreo ice cream in my mouth, "Yes." He sits down next to me on the couch.

"I hate this feeling Mikey. Make it go away," I complain, leaning against him.

"Unless you want me to keep boys away from you for forever, I can't do that," he replies.

"Then keep boys away from me for forever. I'd think that you, Luke, Calum, and Ashton would be excited about the one," I say. Michael glances down at the text he just got.

"I'm sorry sis, but I can't do that. No matter how appealing it sounds," Michael tells me.

I frown and stare at him, "Yes, you can."

"No, I can't," he replies, pointing. I turn my head and gasp. Peyton was standing there.

I jump up from my spot on the couch and charge towards him. Peyton drops his suitcase and guitar and picks me up, squeezing me tightly.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Michael and Charlotte fist bump.

"I'm so sorry, Peyton. Please don't leave me again," I plead, still holding tightly to him.

"I don't ever plan on leaving you, Zoey," he assures me, kissing my head. I lift my head off of his shoulder and presses my lips to his. Oh God. I've missed him.

"Alright guys, let's keep it pg in here," Ashton says, pulling me off of Peyton. As soon as he sets me down, I was right back over by Peyton, gripping his hand tightly. Peyton smiles and kisses my temple.

"Charlotte thank you so much," I say, leaning over to hug my best friend.

"No problem, Zoey. That's why Doctor Charlotte's here," Char tells me, grinning. I giggle.

"And thank you Michael for not just agreeing to keep boys away from me," I say, hugging my older brother.

"No problem, Zoey," Mikey replies. Peyton grins at us.

"Wait a second. Michael, you had the chance to keep all boys away from her and you didn't take it? What the hell is wrong with you?" Calum exclaims.

"Feeling the love, Calum," Peyton teases.

Calum glances over at my boyfriend, "Oh you know I love you, mate. But I have to give Michael a hard time."

"Thanks a lot Cal," Mikey mutters. Claim grins and hugs Peyton.

"No Calum. He's mine. Go find your own," I say, pulling Peyton away from him.

"We'll share," Calum argues, just to get on my nerves. I roll my eyes.

"Guys! Stop yanking poor Peyton back and forth!" Charlotte yells at us. Calum and I blush in embarrassment and let go of Peyton's arms.

"Thanks Charlotte," Peyton says.

"No problem. Someone had to tell the two of them to knock it off. We all know you're too scared to," Char says. Peyton blushes.

"Don't make fun of my baby. I happen to love his shyness," I defend, wrapping my arms around him. Peyton smiles and kisses me, earning groans from the boys and an excited squeal from Char.