Chapter 17

Zoey's pov

"No," I mutter, looking around at my surroundings. I was back. Trapped in that tiny little windowless room. In the Range brothers' house.

"Let me out!" I yell, pounding on the door. I was starting to get really claustrophobic.

The door flies open, hitting me. I wince and stand up from the floor, rubbing the back of my head.

In walk Pete, Jonathan, and James. I swallow hard after seeing their bloodshot eyes. You could smell the alcohol on them.

"Stop yelling! We're trying to have a poker game!" Pete screams, grabbing me by the hair. I bite down on my lip to keep from crying out as he drags me across the floor by my hair.

"You make one more noise, and we'll see what happens to you then," he threatens, letting go of me.

It was at that time, my body decided I need to sneeze.

Pete turns around and punches me in the jaw. Hard. I fall over to the side, not expecting such a strong force.

"I told you to be quiet!" The drunk man yells, smacking me. I wince and curl up in a ball on the floor, absolutely terrified. He continues to hit me.

"Zoey! Wake up!" A voice yells. My eyes fly open. I look up and see Michael, Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Peyton, hovering over top of me, worried.

"It was just a bad dream," I say softly. Except it wasn't. It was a memory. A horrible memory that would stick with me forever.

"Are you okay?" Michael asks, worried.

"I'm fine," I say, my voice a little bit shaky. None of the five boys look convinced. At all.

"Do you want to talk about your dream at all?" Luke questions.

I shake my head no furiously. It's bad enough I have to remember it in my own head. I don't want to relive it by telling them.

"Well, we're here to listen if you need us," Peyton promises, kissing my temple. I nod and pet Percy.

"Good night, Zoey," Ashton says softly, kissing my forehead. Michael and Luke both do the same thing. Peyton pecks my lips, then follows then out. Calum bends down and kisses my head.

"Calum," I call, as he turns to leave the room.

"What's up?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm scared still. Can we cuddle?" I ask softly.

Calum's face lights up as he runs over and jumps into my bed. He gets comfortable, then pulls me closer into his chest, holding onto me tightly.

Now, yes, I would like to snuggle Peyton. But I can't. I don't care how much Luke, Ash, Mikey, and Cal like Peyton, they will not let him purposely sleep in my bed. If we're watching a movie and fall asleep, that's a different story. But knowingly sleeping in here? That's a no. And besides, Calum and I are cuddle buddies and I've missed him.

"Don't worry, Zoey," Calum mumbles, already half asleep, "we won't let anything get you." I smile to myself, and close my eyes.