Chapter 33

Zoey's pov

I get onto the bus and immediately run to the bunks. I consider going onto mine, but I know that's the first place the boys will look. So instead, I kick off my shoes and retreat to Ashton's bunk.

I lay there for a couple of minutes, breathing heavily while tears run down my cheeks. I start to feel myself drift of to sleep. I give in, closing my eyes. Sleep overtakes me.

"We never really cared about you Zoey. It was all just for fame. Nobody even likes you." Riley and Annabelle's voices chant these phrases over and over. I put my hands over my ears, trying to block it out. It only makes them louder. I start screaming.

"I got her!" Ashton shouts, waking me up from my nightmare. My eyes fly open and I see my oldest brother standing outside of the bunk, looking at me, worried.

"Ashton," I choke out. I climb out of his bunk and wrap my arms around him tightly. Ashton bends down and picks me up, holding me tightly.

"Zoey! What happened? Why were you screaming?" The boys all fire questions at me.

"I-I was having a bad dream," I stutter, still clinging onto Ashton.

"About what?" Luke presses.

"Riley and Annabelle. Guys, Riley isn't in prison. He's in New York," I say, tears brimming in my eyes. I shut them and bury my face in Ash's shirt. I feel something cold and wet nudging my ankle. I look down and see Percy whining. I bend down and grab him. Ashes meows until I pick her up too.

"Don't worry Zoey. We'll protect you. I swear, Riley won't get near you," Calum assures me. I nod, feeling a little better inside.

"Why don't we all get changed into our pajamas and have a movie night? Those always seem to relax us," Luke suggests. We all nod. I slowly climb off of Ashton and go grab my pjs.

"Zoey you choose," Michael says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I lean into his side.

"Starstruck," I tell Calum, who was controlling the remote. He nods, then selects the movie.

By the time the movie was over, the boys were all asleep. I glance down at my scars covered wrists and frown. I slowly trace a few of them, then make up my mind. I carefully untangle myself from Michael's arms and climb off of the couch.

I take three steps towards the bathroom when Luke calls out, "Don't even think about it."

I jump and turn around. He was sitting up, clearly wide awake. I glance at the bathroom, then walk over to him.

"How'd you know what I was going to do?" I whisper.

Luke reaches up and pulls me down beside him, "Because I know you, Zoey. And everytime, right before you cut, or think about cutting, you look at your scars, then trace a few of them." I stare at Luke dumbfounded. I didn't realize that I did that. Or that the boys noticed.

"Please Zoey. We can't lose you. Don't do that anymore. Trust me, everything will be okay," Luke says, pulling me into his chest. I nod and hug him back, grateful that I had brothers that cared.