Chapter 36

Zoey's pov

"Peyton!" I scream, running towards my boyfriend. Peyton turns and grins. I jump into his arms, tackling him to the ground.

"Gross, isn't it?" Jace asks.

"I think that it's cute," Charlotte replies. I ignore them both and kiss Peyton.

"Pg!" Ashton shouts from the next room over.

"Buzz kill!" I yell back. I climb off of ym boyfriend and help him up.

"It's good to see you again, Char," Peyton says, fixing his glasses.

"You too. Who's Mr. Anti-love over here?" Charlotte asks, pointing at Jace.

"That's Peyton's best friend, Jace," I say.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's rude to point at people?" Jace teases Charlotte.

She gives him a look, "No. But she did tell me to stay away from asshole boys who try to tell me what to do and what not to do." She turns on her heel and stomps off to her room.

"Damn," Jace breathes, watching her go. A look of awe on his face.

I look up at Peyton, grinning.

"Does he-" I start.

"Yep," Peyton continues, "Mr. Anti-love has a crush."

Jace's face reddens, "I lost certainly do not have a crush. Especially not on her." Peyton and I exchange another grin. Jace so had a crush on Charlotte.

"Will you two stop doing that?" Jace exclaims.

"What are we doing?" I ask, playing innocent.

"You two are exchanging that look. And having a mental conversation. You two still think that I like her. I don't!" Jace yells us.

"Good," Peyton says.

"Good? You two aren't going to keep saying that I like her and exchanging that stupid look?" He asks. Peyton and I shake our heads no.

"Well, good," Jace mutters.

"Yeah, it is good. I mean, afterall, she does already have a boyfriend. And they are pretty serious," Peyton lies. I grin, catching onto his plan.

"Sh- she does?" Jace asks, his shoulders sagging as his face falls.

"Nope. But you just sounded pretty disappointed. Like maybe, you were sad that she had a boyfriend," I say.

"Go to hell," Jace mutters at us, blushing again. Peyton and I laugh as he turns and stomps away from us.