Chapter 16

Zoey's pov

"Wait, so Annabelle and Riley got dragged put of the school, handcuffed?" Charlotte asks, taking a bite out of her spaghetti. Ashton had finally made it after my relentless begging.

"Yeah. They had to have three cops drag the out. And Annabelle got mad and punched me in the jaw," I say.

"Well someone has anger management issues," Calum mutters, taking a drink from his water bottle.

"Damn baby sis. You have a nasty bruise there," Michael says, poking my cheek above my bruise. I stick my tongue out at him.

"So how was the beach?" Ashton asks us.

I glance over at Peyton, who squeezes my hand under the table, "It was good. How were rehearsals?"

"Awesome. We still have to finish the serlist," Luke answers.

"Who's opening for you guys?" Peyton questions.

"We have Hey Violet coming back. But we were wondering if Zoey wanted to open for us too," Ashton replies, grinning at me. Everyone's heads turn to me.

"W-why me?" I stutter, starting to get panicky. I still haven't gotten over my stage fright. I don't know what it is, but it comes and goes when it wants.

"Because you're so amazing at singing. And the fans already love you," Luke reasons, a hopeful smile on his lips.

"I- I'm not sure," I mutter, my face still heating up.

"Oh come on, Zoey. You'd kick ass as an opening act!" Charlotte exclaims.

I grin, "Sure. I'll do it."

"Yay!" The boys yell, hugging me. I laugh and hug then back tightly.

"Ugh," Charlotte complains, sitting up.

"What's wrong?" Peyton asks, pausing the movie we were watching.

"My mom wants me to go home. Her plane just landed and she wants us to hang out and start unpacking boxes," she answers, searching for her shoes in my closet.

"Want us to walk you home?" I question.

"I'm fine. My mom's actually going to come by here and pick me up. Thanks though," she replies.

"Well bye Char. I'm gonna miss sharing a room with you," I say, tightly hugging my best friend.

"Bye Irwin. I'm gonna miss you too. And next sleep over might just be at my house," Charlotte tells me, grinning. I laugh and nod.

"Bye Charlotte. I'll see you soon," Peyton says, hugging Char.

"Later Peyton. Take good care of Zoey. Don't make me punch the shit out of you," she threatens, walking towards the exit.

Peyton laughs, "I won't ma'am." Charlotte laughs and leaves my room.

"I think that Ashes likes you," I tell my boyfriend, grinning up at him. Peyton glances down at his stomach, where Ashes had curled up in a ball, fast asleep.

"I think so too. And I've already gotten the stamp of approval from Michael, Ashton, Calum, Luke, Charlotte, and now Ashes. All I need is approval from Percy and we'll be all good," he laughs, kissing my forehead.

I glance over to my other side, where Percy was snuggled up against me.

"Percy gives you the okay too," I assure Peyton.

"Good. Now he can't be mad when I do this," Peyton replies, kissing my lips softly. I grin.