Chapter 29

Zoey's pov

"I'm sorry, Zoey. But it's probably best that he went with his mom. She does need him there," Calum tells me.

"I know. I just miss him. What time do we have to leave for sound check?" I ask.

"We don't have a show today. It's tomorrow," he replies.

"Oh. What are we having for lunch?" I question.

Calum throws the hotel room service book at me, "Anything in here."

I groan, "That's so boring! I'm tired of hotel food. I'm going to go get some Panera Bread or some other kind of non-hotel food."

"You do that. Make sure you take Andrew though," Calum calls, as I walk off to go find my shoes.

"Got it!" I yell, pulling my vans on.

Now, I promise you that I did look for Andrew. But I couldn't find him on our hotel floor. And he wasn't answering his phone or text messages. And I really want my Panera Bread. So, I do the mature and responsible thing and leave without any adult supervision.

"You can go in front of me," a group of teenage girls tells me after I get in line.

"Are you guys sure?" They all nod. I shrug and walk in front of them.

"A large mac-n-cheese and a cookie," I say to the cashier.

"That'll be two dollars," he says, watching me. I give him the money and he passes me the receipt. I move out of the way.

I was waiting for my food when I noticed flashing lights out of the corner of my eye. I glance outside and see paparazzi hiding in the bushes outside, snapping pictures of me. I roll my eyes and grab my food.

"Zoey! Zoey over here!" Paps scream, shoving cameras in my face as soon as I leave the restaurant. A large group of fans was trying to shove through the paps to get to me. I start to get a little panicky again. They were getting too close.

I make myself snap out of it, knowing that Calum won't be able to rescue me this time.

"Zoey! Is it true that you and Peyton broke up?" One pap shouts at me.

"Did 5 Seconds of Summer really keep you hostage for eight months and make up your kidnapping?" Another one yells. I swear to God, these rumors are the dumbest things ever. I mean, at least try to make then sound real.

I start to get annoyed and shove the cameras out of my face. I push through the crowd of people, determined to get away from them.

I finally manage to escape. I know that my time is limited though. So I take off running down the sidewalk. Not even fifteen seconds later, I hear the paps following me. Still shouting those stupid rumors out.

I dash into the hotel and make a bee line for the elevator. It closes just before the crowd gets there. I sigh in relief and lean against the wall.

When I get up to our floor, I flash the security guard my room key. He nods, then lets me by him. I walk towards my room, anxious to eat my food.

But instead of being able to relax in my room, I'm met by Andrew and my brothers, who looked worried and a little pissed off.