Chapter 1

Miranda's pov

The lights have darkened. The music is so loud and choppy I can't even hear myself think. "Come on girls. Let's put on a show." I wipe my eyes, frustrated, tired and miserable. The place is loaded with drunk guys from the ballgame.

Jason's pov

My idiot friends dragged me down to a strip club. This is the last thing that I need. After just getting a divorce, seeing half naked girls is gonna make me miss her more. I don't really wanna be here. "And now the moment you've all been waiting for..... Carlotta White!" That's obviously not her real name. They've always given fake names for some reason. The girl walks out and everyone cheers like crazy people. I'm not too into it. But I will admit the girl up there is pretty cute. Then again that's the point. All the beautiful women who have nowhere else to go turn to this. After everything settles down, I stand up. "Dude where ya goin'?" Luke gasps. "I'm leavin' man. This ain't my thing." I say. Brantely pats my shoulder. "Don't go just yet. You haven't even gotten drunk yet!" "Somebody has to stay sober." I say, annoyed. He waves to someone.

Miranda's pov

"Carlotta!" I turn my head to the voice. 2 guys are talking to my boss, one of them has a cowboy hat and a bunch of tattoos on one arm. The other is a big biker dude with tattoos on both arms. I'm so scared. Which one of them wants me? I shakily walk over. "Come on man, stop this!" The cowboy says glaring annoyed at the other guy. "Boys this is Carlotta. Our best stripper." God I hate being called that. "Ugh Reg you know I like to be called an exotic dancer!" I gasp in my best sexy voice. But I'm kinda scared. These guys are big and tough looking. The biker pushes the cowboy forward. He sighs and we go to another room. "You don't look too happy." I state. He glares at the floor. "It's not you. You're a beautiful woman. I'm just not into the stripper thing. My idiot friends made me come here." "Well you're here ya might as well enjoy it."

Jason's pov

I can't. This isn't my thing. "Look you're payin' big money here!" I force a smile. "Actually I'm not. Brantley is. This was him not me." "Enough talking. I'm not the kind of girl who is talkative before or after." "I don't want to do this though!" "Wow, first guy not to jump at the chance for free sex." I roll my eyes. "I'm not like that. I just got out of a marriage with a girl I loved. The thought of all that is way too difficult." "I'm sorry about your marriage. Come on. Let's get outta here then and have a drink at the bar." Now that's more my style. "Ok but... If ya don't mind me asking? What's your real name?"

Miranda's pov

Wow. No one has ever cared about my real name. Everyone in and out calls me Carlotta even though I don't want them to. "Miranda." I say, blushing. He smiles. "My name is Jason. Pleased to meet ya ma'am." I smile too. "Thanks. Ya know you're the nicest guy I've ever met here."

*later*

Jason's pov

We're two drinks in at the bar each. She's got the prettiest blue eyes. "What did you really wanna do instead of what you became?" The look in her eyes is a mix of sadness and regret. "I want to be a doctor but I need the money for med school. I hate being a stripper." She starts crying so I hug her. "Hun, I wish I could help." "It's alright. I've gotten pretty used to it." I bite my lip. I want to help her but if the media catches wind that I'm hanging out with a stripper, I'll catch hell.

*2 weeks later*

"Hey Jay you've been pretty down what's up?" Luke asks. Everyone else starts looking at me. "Really man?" I snap annoyed. "What? You're not still thinking about Jess are ya?" I don't answer. "I thought the strip club would get that off your mind!" "You thought wrong dummy." I go back home, completely bored.

*the next morning*

I go to the store and see a familar flash of brown hair. Wait? Is that the girl from the strip club who wants to be a doctor? Now what was her name? Dang it I don't remember her real name.

Miranda's pov

"Carlotta?" I freeze. Why do people call me that in public?! It's humiliating. It's like without the fancy make up and stripper clothes nobody knows my name. I turn around to the cowboy. That surprised me. He walks over, pushing a cart of beer, chips, and salsa. I glare annoyed at him since he knew my real name but he still called me Carlotta. "How's it going?" "Why'd you call me Carlotta! You knew my name!" "Gosh sorry, I forgot." Whatever. "What do ya want, anyway?" He sighs. "I'm sorry I forgot your name. Look I've been thinking over this for a while. And the media might be on my tail for it but I don't care." Huh? What's he talking about? "I want to help you." "Help me how?" He glances around. "Can we talk somewhere else? More private?" "Your place or mine?"" I counter ask, resting my hands together. "I don't want no one knowin' where I live." I roll my eyes. We go back to the club since it's closed but I've got a key. "So what were you talking about?" He smiles. "I know what it's like to fall on hard times and I know for a fact you hate being a stripper, right?" I nod. "With a passion." "I'm gonna give you the money for med school." My eyes go wide shocked. "Really?" He nods. "Thank you so much!" I gasp hugging him. "No problem."