This wouldn't draw too much attention since I'm me, the library is like a favourite haunt if you will, much to Jeremy's distaste but he can't have is way all the time. I hung out at the stupid bleachers for a year because he's on the baseball team and had to endure having all his stupid Neanderthal friends gawking at me for no reason, idiots. 

Personally I don't see why we can't just meet at lunch in the cafeteria and do what we want elsewhere every other time but he insists we're together, I don't mind though Jeremy's good company and he makes me laugh.

I looked through my still new timetable to check what I have to sit through later. It's not that I mind school, it's just that I'd rather be taught something that I don't know. I'm not being an ass I swear and I'm not a genius either, but ever since Maddi died I've tried to keep myself as busy as I psychically can and the best idea I came up with was to bombard my mind with so much that I couldn't possibly think of anything except what I was looking at. 

As a result I now speak French, I have read the set list for English Lit twice, the entire American history textbook, Biology has definitely picked up, but chemistry is still a little beyond on my grasp; I don't mind though, my intention was not to become more knowledgeable. I didn't once believe all that boring crap I read would stick in my head, but it did and I guess it means I don't have to pay as much attention this year so that's a plus.  

The bell rang for second period and I jogged to physics like my life depended on it. I will never be thrown out of class again for anything especially for being late. I made it in plenty of time but stopped to get my breath back then opened the door and walked casually to my seat in the second row from the front. 

There was nothing special about my school I guess it's a decent size for being in such a small town but it's as generic inside as it is out, brick walls held together by the despair of those who inhabit it, it's school you know?

Mr Keller walked in a couple minutes later with his usual cup of coffee in his hand looking like he'd already had twenty with all the muscle twitches he was having. His usual messy brown hair was uncharacteristically neat and in place and is desk was impeccably tidy, what is happening to the world? And is that a tie he's wearing?

"Emma can I talk to you for moment please?" He asked in front of me now.

"Yes Sir." I replied, standing up out of my chair and again avoiding the stares of my peers or fellow sufferers as I prefer to call them. I followed him into the supply room and closed the door as he motioned for me to, to finally turn back to him and seeing him trying to focus.

Mr Keller was my favourite teacher for several reasons, number one because physics is my favourite subject, number two because he takes a genuine interest in his students without being creepy, number three he's unusually casual for a teacher; it's been known for people to have verbal matches with him in the class room which everyone finds funny especially him, and number four for someone who is young he always has the air of a person who's seen a lot more than his supposed twenty eight years of life promised him and not always in a good way.

"We've got an inspector coming into school today and I'm pretty sure the fascist is going to be in this class. The only saving grace here is you kid" I looked at him like he'd finally lost it.

"I don't understand."

"You're the best I've got. I just thought it would be more polite for me to tell you that I'm going to be calling on you a lot today, no pressure" he told me this all completely blase while sipping at his caffine fix.

"What? I – you can't – what about Rick, or Amanda?" I asked too shocked to be annoyed.

"You're the brightest bulb I got in here, Amanda and Rick can handle grade C and maybe B at a push, but I'm going to need you for the A verging on the AP which should be easy enough since this an AP class."