Chapter 120: Forever.

Start from the beginning

>>

I jump up in bed, opening my eyes. Ty hovers over me, his hair in his face. "Are you okay? Maddie, are you okay?" He strokes my cheek with his calloused fingers. I hold his wrist, looking straight into his emerald green eyes.

"I'm fine, Ty. It was just a bad dream." I say simply. It's not until now that I realize that he's not wearing a shirt. I try to keep my eyes focused on his, though.

"Yeah, I kind of figured that, seeing how you were yelling at who I'm guessing is Jordan, 'I hate you, you killed Ty!'" He tries to mimic my voice and I laugh. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down to kiss me. He smiles against my lips, before pulling away and laying our foreheads together.

"You know what time it is?" I ask him. He shakes his head. I look out of our window and see that the sun is barely peeking out over the flat horizon, so I'm guessing that it's like six o'clock or so.

Ty glances over at the clock. "It's six fifteen." He says huskily. I smile. I soon somehow manage to flip us over, so that now I'm on top of him. I cup his stubble covered cheeks with my hands, then laugh giddily before pressing my lips to his. He pulls away and smiles at me, moving to sit up. I sit up beside him, smiling, but also a little confused as to why he all of a sudden stopped what we were doing. "Do you ever think about the choices that we've made?" He asks me, smiling brightly.

"Yeah, a lot, actually." I say. "It all happened for a reason, Ty." I purse my lips as I look out at the dark purple sky, the tints of gold that line the horizon, the fence line.

"What do you mean?" He questions.

"You know, it all happened for a reason. Rita didn't make the jump so you didn't fall in love with her. Jordan cheated on me and Colsen died so I didn't fall in love with them. We were both broken, but we found each other, and we started to put each other back together again. We saved each other, and it all happened for a certain reason." I say. Ty grins at me.

"You're right." He says, raising his eyebrows. "I remember the day that I met you. I remember how lonely I was before, how much I just wanted to have more friends. I was just an introvert, and then I saw you. You seemed to be a little nervous around me, and I noticed that. I liked that." He whispers. I grin.

"I was the same way. I didn't want to talk to anyone after Colsen's death because I blamed it on myself. Then I met you. You seemed like a really cool guy, and I liked that. I liked the butterflies that I felt in my stomach when I was around you." I say softly, looking down.

I feel something lift my chin up, and it's Ty's fingers. He looks into my eyes and grins. "Oh, how alike we are." He whispers, his voice coming out the slightest bit raspy. I feel my heart flipping in my chest, I feel it pounding inside my body.

"Indeed, love. Indeed." I say, then feel my body falling into his slowly, like a magnet to metal, but slower. Ty chuckles the slightest bit before our lips connect, and it's in this moment that I remember our first kiss. The beautiful moment that marked the start of something real.

Rihanna- Stay
Ty and I walk hand in hand through the lower chamber of the pit. I look up at him as his eyes survey the rocky ceiling, which lanterns hang from. The lanterns send a golden glow against the dark gray, almost black, crystal rock walls. Ty pulls me to sit down with him on a flat rock, against the rock wall. I sit opposite of him, against another rock.