Destiel: Happiness

Dean didn't know how to react. Cas was missing, so was Metatron. Knowing what the douche bag was capable of, Dean had a right to worry. Cas was reckless at this point.

Dean breathes heavily as he ran up to the thirteenth warehouse they could be in. He busted through the door right as he saw the shiny blade pierce through the Angels heart.

Dean froze for approximately three second before charging towards them. By the time he slid by Cas's side, the scribe was gone. Dean immediately pulled the blade out. "Come on, Cas. Wake up. You gotta wake up." Tears spilled down his cheeks.

"Please. Please wake up. I need you. Goddamnit, wake up!" Dean completely broke down, loud sobs leaving his body trembling. He took the lifeless body's face and held it up.

"Come on, baby." He whispered hoarsely. He connectedly his lips to the growing cold ones quickly. And again. And again. Maybe it was to comfort him. Maybe he hoped it would all be a fairytale and Cas would wake up.

But of course their lives never went like that. Cas remained lifeless. Dean remained crying. He eventually sat up against the concrete wall and pulled Cas into his lap.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better."

He sang softly, voice weak.

"Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better
And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain."

He pushed the pitch black hair out of Cas's eyes.

"Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder."

Dean couldn't help the endless broken sobs.

"Hey Jude, don't let me down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better."

"Dean?" A voice called. "He's gone, Sammy." Dean chuckled in spite of himself. "I was too late." A sick smile formed on his face. "I'm always too fucking late!" His breathing became ridged as his jaw clenched.

"Dean.. Come on.." Sam said sympathetically. His brother shook his head and shrugged his shoulder away from Sam's reaching hand.

"I didn't tell him. I was supposed to tell him. I never told him."

"Dean, we have to go."

"Why? Got nowhere to be. Not anymore."

"Staying here isn't going to do anything. We should go back to the bunker." Sam sighed. "Just leave me alone, Sam."

Dean then went on to repeat 'should've told him' repeatedly in a hushed voice. "Just.. Come back soon." Sam patted his brother shoulder twice before turning back and leaving.

Dean ran his fingers through Cas's hair. "Please, if you come back, I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything. We'll have one big chick flick moment. I'll sing for you even, whatever you like. Just please, please come back to me. I'll let you into my personal space, I'll let you sleep in my room even, if you're not having nightmares. Hell, it's not paining me to hold you every night and chase all your problems away for you. I just need one more chance. Give me that. Give me that and I'll give you everything else."

His words vanished into the air. Cas was still dead. He was still alone. After all, isn't that always how his story ends, him being completely alone?