Sabriel: Treat or Trick (AU)

7:00pm

I hate this. I hate everyone here. What's so special about today anyway? It's so pointless.

"Trick or treat!" He heard another little kid say as he walked home. Halloween. Sam hated it. He's always hated this holiday the most. He sighed and unlocked his door before stepping in.

"Well at least the candy's on sale." Sam mumbled to himself and put his bags full of candy on the counter. There was a knock on the door.

Didn't the kids know when the lights off go away?

Sam groaned softly before walking over and opening the door. There was a tiny boy, around 5, on his doorstep. He was dressed up as some sort of Angel. He had wings and a halo, but he also wore a dress shirt and a trench coat.

"Treat or trick!" He smiled. Despite Sam's bad mood, he couldn't help but smile. "One second." Sam said and jogged to the kitchen. When he opened a bag and got out some candy he turned back around only to see the boy on his couch.

"Don't you know you're not supposed to come into a strangers house?" Sam's asked. The boy just shrugged. "What's your name?" Sam walked over to the boy and placed the candy in his bucket. "Castiel." He answered.

"Well Castiel, you shouldn't go walking into people's houses. It's rude and dangerous." Sam said sternly. "Don't you have someone to watch you?" He continued.

"Gabriel talking to friends. I wanted candy." Castiel answered. "Is Gabriel your brother?" Sam asked and Cas nodded. "How old are you?" Cas held up 5 fingers.

"Castiel!" He heard someone yell from our side. "Come on." Sam said and reached his hand out. Castiel toon it and followed him out the door. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" The man, who Sam assumed was Gabriel, called.

"I was showing your nosey little brother out." Sam answered. "Yeah, ok. Just get away from him." Gabriel answered. "Well excuse you. He walked into my house. Because you weren't watching him properly." Sam sassed, jabbing his finger in the direction of each person he said.

"I told him to stay put, and he didn't listen." Gabriel replied. "He's 5!" Sam voice was raising. He was practically raised by his big brother so he took this kind of stuff seriously.

"He should know how to listen!" Gabriel matched his volume. "If I ever find out that you've let your little brother run off again I will personally give you a black eye." Sam threatened.

"Come on, Cas." Gabriel mumbled, glaring at Sam the whole time. Sam watched the little boy as he walked off with his irresponsible big brother.

22 hours later

There was a knock at Sam's door. He paused his movie and got up. He tried to fix his hair a little before opening the door. He looked but saw no one. He went to close the door but felt a tug on his jeans. He looked down and saw very  familiar blue eyes looking up at him.

Rage immediately filled the Winchester. "Hey Cas." Sam smiled. Castiel simply waved before walking in and sitting on Sam's couch. "Hey, uh where's your brother?" Sam asked. Castiel pointed out the window.

Sam looked to see Gabriel talking to a group of girls. "Come on, Cas." Sam said and patiently waited for the kid. When Cas got to Sam he raised his arms up. Sam sighed but picked him up. He shut he door behind him and walked across the street (after looking both ways).

Sam cleared his throat and looked down at the shorter man. Gabriel turned around and looked up. "Again, Cas?!" Gabriel groaned.

Sam set the boy down but grabbed his hand so he would go anywhere. "Yeah, again." Sam smiled, before raising his fist and slamming it into Gabriel's face. By this time all the others have left.

Gabriel groaned and covered his eye. Cas hid his face into Sam's leg. Sam was breathing heavy but bent down to pick Cas back up. He handed the child to his big brother. "Good bye." Sam said before turning around and walking back to his house in the dim sunlight.

Another 22 hours later

There was a knock on Sam's door. "I swear if that is Cas." Sam mumbled. He opened the door and sure enough, Cas was there. This time he wasn't alone, Gabriel was with him. "What do you want?" Sam asked

"I wanted to thank you, for punching me in the face." Gabriel answered. "Thank me?" Sam clarified. "Yeah, it encouraged me to clean up my act," he explained. "I see. I'm assuming that's for me." Sam said, gesturing to the plate in his hands.

"Only if I get some too." Gabriel smiled. Sam rolled his eyes but opened the door wider to let them in. "Go sit at the table." Sam instructed, taking the plate.

He walked into the kitchen and uncovered the plastic. He made a mental note to tell Dean he had pie. He took out three plates and a knife. He cut out a piece for each plate, making Cas' a little smaller.

He brought the plates over and place them in front of the boys. Cas pouted when he saw his piece, but lit back up when Sam switched their plates.

"You're good with kids." Gabriel announced. "I guess." Sam shrugged. "Do you have any?" Gabriel asked. "Kids? I don't even have a girl, or boyfriend." Sam laughed.

"You swing both ways?" Gabriel asked. "Yeah. Problem?" Sam raised an eyebrow. "Nope. You're looking at a proud homosexual." Gabriel smirked. Sam nodded and ate his pie.

Once they had finished Cas made his way over to the couch. "Come on, Cas. We gotta go." Gabriel said, but Cas didn't move. "Cas." Gabriel repeated.

"Hey, little man, time to go." Sam said but Cas shook his head. "Cas." Gabriel groaned and walked over to pick up the boy up, but he clung to Sam's leg. Gabriel tried to pry him off but he started to cry.

"Ok!" Sam said eventually, get tired of the crying, and becoming a little uncomfortable with Gabriel so close to his...

"Well he won't let go!" Gabriel whined. Sam bent down and picked the little boy up and he now clung to his neck. "Ok Cas, chill." Sam laughed. "I guess you can stay until he's ready to go." Sam suggested. "Are you sure? I could always take him screaming." Gabriel said.

"Yeah I'm sure. We can watch tv." Sam insisted. "Ok." Gabriel agreed and sat on the couch with Sam following. "Ok what do you want to watch?" Sam asked. "Sherlock?" Gabriel suggested and Sam shrugged, playing the show through Netflix.

After only one episode Cas was passed out on Sam's chest and gave in his shoulder. Sam nudged the older brother. "Gabe." He whispered. "Gabriel." He repeated and hit him harder. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah?" He said, still half asleep.

"Cas is passed out. This might be your only chance to take him peacefully." Sam laughed. Gabriel nodded and lifted the younger boy. Cas stirred but snuggled into his brothers neck. Sam lead them to the door. "Thanks for the pie." Sam said once they exited.

"Thanks for the nap." Gabriel replied. For moment they just sat there, but then Gabriel leaned up and pressed his lips to Sam's which was a tad bit difficult due to the height difference and passed out toddler.

He pulled away and looked kind of nervous. "I-I'm sorry." Gabriel stuttered. He quickly turned away and began walking. "Gabe!" Sam shouted (but not too loud as there was still a sleeping child.) and ran after him. Gabriel turned around and looked up at Sam that was now standing in front of him.

Sam smiled before leaning down and pressing their lips together once again. "Come around again soon." Same smiled. "Well now I have too." Gabriel laughed. Sam joined in shortly before picking up one of Cas' hands and kissing the back, then quickly pecked Gabriel's lips before turning around and jogging back to the house