Destiel: Not Gay (AU)

Dean and Castiel. Best friends since the beginning. Castiel told Dean he was gay 5 weeks ago. Obviously he was a nervous wreck, but Dean laughed and told him that he didn't care, that they were still bestfriends. But what Castiel didn't tell him was that he wanted to be more than bestfriends.

They were in Dean's room, like everyday, watching Star Trek for the 137th time. Dean may act like a tough guy, but he's a giant nerd.

Castiel watched Dean out of the corner of his eye, mouthing every single line. He used to do it out loud, but Castiel told him it was very annoying, so he stopped, but sometimes he couldn't help his inner geek. Soon, Dean tore his eyes from the tv and looked back at Cas.

"Sorry." Dean blushed, and stopped moving his lips completely. "It's fine." Castiel smiled.

Eventually Dean started up again, whispering the words now, Castiel didn't bother to tell him to stop, as the movie was almost over. Castiel excused himself to the bathroom while Dean finished the movie.

All he could think of was the way the light caught Dean's eyes, making the green stand out more so than usual. He sighed and splashed his face with cold water. He walked back out and saw Dean cleaning the living room. He silently helped, folding the blankets back up.

"Wanna sleep over?" Dean asked. "I guess. I'll text my mom." Castiel shrugged. He took out his phone and told his mom he wouldn't be home. The two boys went into Dean's room and changed into proper sleepwear, Cas using some of Dean's clothes.

"Hey Dean?"

"Yeah"

"Would you ever... Hate me? Like for any reason?"

"Of course not. I mean unless you killed my family or something." Dean joked but Castiel remained serious. "Hey, buddy, what's going on?" Concern was the only thing in Dean's voice. "I just, I really want to do something, but I might lose you, and I don't want you to go away." Tears threatened to spill.

"It's okay, Cas. I'll never leave you, okay?" Castiel nodded. "So what did you want to do?"

Cas took a very long breath. He closed his eyes, trembling slightly. "Never?" Castiel clarified. "Never." Dean nodded. Castiel reached for Dean wrist, holding it. He squeezed it tightly before throwing all caution into the wind, leaning up and smashing their lips together.

Dean never moved, frozen in shock. Castiel slowly pulled away. He searches Dean's eyes desperately, trying to find any emotion. "Cas..." Dean trailed off. Castiel bit his lip. "I'm sorry, but, I don't feel that way about you. I mean it's not you, but I'm straight." Castiel's heart dropped. "I know." Castiel whimpered. "Um, I can still go home.."

Cassiel turned to walk out of the room but Dean caught his wrist. "I said never." Dean reminded. "Really? Still?" Cas managed to smile a little. "Of course. Come on." Dean brought Cas over to the large bed. It meant more than Castiel could put into words that Dean still would be willing to share a bed, even after what happened.

"Dean?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry about, Angel."

Cas sighed and rolled over, closing his eyes. He was ready to fall asleep when he noticed Dean's breath more even. He tried so hard to resist, but he lost. His body flipped over and he snuggles into Dean's back.

He couldn't relax, he tried, but he was too scared that Dean would wake up and be angry. Dean stirred and flipped over. Cas held his breath, but nothing happened. Slowly, Castiel relaxed. Of course it didn't last long, when Dean arm flung around him. He tried to full away, but his body wouldn't let him. He gave up and closed his eyes, falling asleep.

Luckily, when the boys woke up, they were in a different position. Castiel was starfished, one leg over Dean's, and an arm on Dean face.

Dean groaned and pushed Cas' arms away. Castiel whined and pushed Dean's body. Since he was not expecting this, it caused him to fall off the bed.

"Cas, I will kick you in your throat." Dean threatened. "Yeah yeah, go make me pancakes." Castiel responded. Dean cursed under his breath but got up and left the room.

Somewhere between 10 and 45 minutes later, Dean came back in to announce the food was ready. Castiel made no attempt to move. "Yo, come on man get up." Nothing.

Dean walked over to the bed and picked Castiel up bridal style. He carried him carefully to the kitchen and set him on the cushioned chair. He put three pancakes and four pieces of bacon in a plate and passed it to Cas. "Eat up."

Castiel did had he was told, eating the food gratefully. They ate silently, occasionally looking up at eachother. When Cas was he went to the sink and cleaned his dishes, Dean soon following. The day seemed perfect, but Castiel didn't know what was to come.

It was the hardest day of his life. Dean seemed to be closer, seemed to find any excuse to touch him, Castiel wanted to both hit him and kiss him.

He handled it okay, not making any moves, but he broke. He broke when Dean leaned his face centimeters from Cas'. "Dean." Castiel snapped.

"What?"

"Stop." Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know what's going on with you. You rejected me yesterday, and today you keep coming at me."

"I don't know. I don't, know. I like girls. I know I do. But there's something about you. I don't know what to do, Cas." Dean's voice broke slightly, but there was no sign of tears.

"Dean, you know you can like both."

"What? I-I can?" Dean's eyes widened.

"Yes Dean. It's allied being bisexual." Cas laughed. Dean face broke out into a huge grin has he embraced Cas I to a hug. "You know what this means?"

"No idea."

Instead of answering he pressed their lips together. Cas immediately gave into the kiss, wrapping his hands around Dean's neck. Slowly, Dean pulled away.

"It means... We can be together. Right now."

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend? Or telling me?"

"Will you, Castiel Novak, be my boyfriend?"

Castiel rolled his eyes and nodded. "Of course you dork." Cas laughed. "I am not a dork." Dean objected. "Oh yeah? Say that again with your glasses while you recite the entire Star Trek movie."

Dean frowned. Cas kissed his pouting lip. "I still wouldn't change you for the world."

"Stop being such a girl."

"Just accept the damn compliment."

"There's my baby." Castiel laughed. "Come on, we can go lay down." Cas smiled. "Can we do what we did last not? Not meaning to sound sexual." Dean laughed. "You were awake?" Castiel's eyes widened. "Mmhmm. Cuddling is a two person activity and hiding in my back does not count."

"Dean Winchester, do you know how nervous I was? I thought you would wake up and be furious!" Cas slapped Dean's shoulder. "I'm sorry Angel, I'll make it up to you." Dean brought Castiel back to his room and laid them both on the bed.

He brought Castiel to his chest, burying his face into the soft black hair. It didn't last long, has Cas turned around to face the green-eyed boy. He snuggled his head into Dean's chest, wrapping his arms around Dean's waist.