Chapter Twenty-Two: C is for Catch and Release

Magsimula sa umpisa

“I have to make mandatory sign in at my arrival to school; she caught my eye of looking out of place. I mean look at her is she ringing of Prada? I knew she had to be your Brooklyn Girl, I just only had to put two and two together when I read her class schedule!” said Harrison still heavily holding onto Clara’s ready to strike hands.

Clara tensed at Harrison’s words.

“What the hell are you doing here Brooklyn trash?” asked Clara fighting off Harrison and deathly staring at Tess.

This was it, time to prove your once and for all Brooklyn was trash. Oh how you underestimated the cards dear little C!

 “I’m here because I got a scholarship to attend Alexandra Elliot!” replied Tess trying to take a step back but Dean ended up catching her fall.

“Actually I’m here on a scholarship!” said a meek voice of a girl approaching the scene, Tess became more concerned with that comment then anything so far said.

“That fucking Witch!” screamed Clara in rage.

 Clara could feel Tess confused to her new outburst and the girl stating she got the scholarship, but Clara by now had pieced the puzzle together and was horrified by what she’d realized.

Take a deep breath little C!

“Tess is your cousin Clara and why would you ever think something was going on between us, because the answer is there is nothing between us?” said Dean stepping in forward of Tess.

Clara felt a giant pulse rate in her heart at Dean’s words, was she really in love with Dean or was it all in her head?

“Then explain this?” asked Clara pulling out her phone and shoving the photos I took of Tess and Dean to him.

Clara could see Tess became heightened at her shoving of a phone into Dean’s eyes, especially since Tess begun to look over Dean’s shoulders and saw the incriminating snaps.

“I thought I had got rid of those when I stole that girl’s phone!” replied Tess astounded.

Clara could feel everyone’s gaze on Tess, “I thought everything was going to be fine once this woman who is my Grandmother got the theft charges dropped.”

“Oh my fucking God she knew!” wailed Clara angrily.

Clara began to see the problem, the answer was their Grandmother.

Clara knew only too well how Tess was just a new pawn in her Grandmother’s chess game.

Clara could tell Tess had no rage towards Mrs Howard-Williams or she’d be acting like a nutter too. But Clare knew of too many reasons to be yelling at the woman who’d saved her from a trouble a thousand times, she owed much gratitude but she also knew the slightest mistake too big and everything would blow up thanks to a manoeuvrings old woman. If only Tess knew sometime there would be a price to pay just like Clara did!

Clara could see Dean looking at Tess darkly she wondered if he was thinking what she did was wrong. But Clara herself knew she’d do the same thing twice over if it had happened to herself!

 “You stole a girl’s phone?”

The cat was out of the bag or wasn’t it?

Ashamed at herself Clara watched Tess grab her things and ran out the door, everyone staring on after Tess and what just had happened.

Sometimes it’s best to confess then leave it up to rumour and scandal!

And that’s what brings us to C’s little confession.