Chapter Seven C is for Clarity in a room full of fine China.

Chapter Seven

C is for Clarity in a room full of fine China.

Several hours earlier:

Clara was running late as it was for high tea with her Grandmother, Dean’s little side trip to Central Park only infuriated her more after the whole Harrison Andrews affair.

“I just got a phone call from my Grandma; she wants us at the Hotel now for high tea. I have been texting and calling you wondering why you were MIA, last resort was here. Why are you here? I thought I told you I would meet you at Darcy’s! Oh well we have to go, the limo will be here in five!” said Clara rather smoothly although she wished to yell her face of at him.

Was that young girl in horrid gap ensemble really flirting with Dean Tracey, or was it all in Clara’s head? Even if the girl in the gap sweater was not a threat, Clara sure still treated her like one making a swift movement to clutch Dean in her arms and whisk him away.

10 minutes later.

Clara had arrived late with Dean in toe, for an elegant elderly woman whom still looked at least forty who sat in the reserved section of the Grand Williams Hotel.

“Darling you’re late!” exclaimed the woman kissing both of Clara’s checks. “How nice it is to have you grace our presences this afternoon Mr. Tracey?” the woman went on towards Dean, who seemed a little out of mood for high tea with society.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Williams!” He answered not even bothering to pull out a chair at the table for Clara; He was so not in the mood while Clara was still white as her English papers and yet somehow remained calm and collective.

“How was school today?” asked Mrs. Williams waving to a waiter to bring the sandwiches over. “Have you seen any eligible candidates for the scholarship? I just can’t! What I am going to do at the board meeting tomorrow; I am slightly confused how a late applicant got to have an interview over a student who had all requirements in on time! Well I guess Hefferton is getting old, maybe her leniency is also getting too high!” Mrs, Williams trailed off there for a waiter stepped over to her.

“There is a call waiting for you on line sixteen Mrs. Williams, shall I connect it through down here?” asked the waiter timidly.

“No, no leave it upstairs and I shall just retire earlier to get ready for the charity ball afterwards!” replied Mrs. Williams excusing herself from the table.

“Maybe I should head up too and see you at seven when you escort me to the ball?” said Clara turning to look at Dean, who clearly seemed spaced out.

Clara on the other hand had her mind fully buzzing, and feeling rather dizzy after all that had seemed to happen so far. The problem was Clara didn’t quite know her troubles were only beginning.

“Oh, um yeah sure!” Replied Dean quickly kissing Clara’s cheek and walking towards the dining hall exit. He too apparently was wanting to escape the room full of fine china.

Clara appeared out of the apartments elevator as the doors slid open, she appeared drained of energy and nearly on the verge of fainting. But although she didn’t seem to be coping badly with the days advents, she still couldn’t help but notice the study door open ajar or that her Grandmother seemed rather baffled and amused.

“How can you be so sure It’s Jennifer’s daughter Carole? It just seems so unethical Jennifer stayed in New York, and Brooklyn of all places!” Mrs. Williams took a pause to hear the person she was talking too.

“Charles and I have had a private detective looking for her for years, is what really makes it uncanny to believe!” She paused again.

“I know its breaking codes giving me the address, but really Carole if she is my illegitimate granddaughter I want to make sure I can be in her life. Even if that means faking she got the Alexandra Elliot scholarship!” The pause was longer this time, and Clara could tell her Grandmother was uptight about the situation.

“I don’t care about the legality of it all! The fact is Jennifer has been keeping the truth and I don’t care what she thinks, that child deserves the best she can get!”

It then all came to Clara like a rough blow to the head, the girl in GAP clothes from Central Park talking to Dean, had been her estranged Aunt’s daughter.

After Charity Ball:

Clara looked up towards her window crying, she’d just had a fight with Dean and a terrible one at that. “He’s ruined everything!” She sobbed as a fresh batch of tears fell. “He’s ruined it all and now I am going to lose my love!” She cried harder. “I am going to lose Him; I’m going to lose him!” Clara cried herself to sleep consistently repeating those words.

But how can C be so sure she is going to lose D? If only C you understood it’s okay to say no, and if I am not mistaken I know D has a heart of gold to forgive. But sadly C knows finding Clarity shall be hard now with H about, and now She knows who Brooklyn Girl is things are not as transparent as they seemed less then 24hrs ago.

Can C handle the entrapment she now faces or is this moving image going to end in tragedy?