Chapter Fourteen C is for I pledge Chastity

Chapter Fourteen

C is for I pledge Chastity

Clara looked up at the old oak walls of the locker hall it was 3:30pm on a Monday afternoon and usually she’d be creating a shopping bill at Saks for next week’s school outfits. Clara Maine was never the type to wear an article twice instead she’d donate each week’s pre-worn clothes to her so called less fortunate friends, they all considered it such a honour to bestowed her seconds.

However today was different!

Instead of walking Fifth Avenue she was nervously making her way to the Alexandra Elliot Prep Library, everyone knew what happened in the Library at 3:30pm on a Monday. Purity Club!

And Clara Maine of all the hypocrites was going to be attending today!

I could laugh my socks off at the stupidity, but creepily enough it actually seems she is trying to make a difference and prove a point.

Awkwardly Clara stood in the doorway poking her head about; she could see some girls with extremely long plaid skirts. Her just above the knee cut skirt seemed slightly too revealing to these girls in front of her, and not all of them were the bible bashers she thought might attend the meeting. How bad could Purity club be when it seemed Amy Chen was somewhat popular and a part of it?

Clara took a seat in the circle; she clearly kept her eye on the floor trying not to look anyone in the eye. It was just plain ridiculous to be Queen of the school and in this room.

“Oh Clara it’s so nice to see you!” Exclaimed the perky teacher in soft pink tones, she was the school councillor and obviously the one in charge of the club.

“Miss Thwarts!” Clara said stunned as the lady sat beside her.

The room all gathered the circle and sat, what followed was something rather too boring to write and repeat!

Clara made her way out the door her Jimmy Choos walking stiffly; Amy Chen had followed her out the door.

“You took a big step showing your face here C and I’m sure as hell as surprised about it, everyone already thought you and Dean did it!” said Amy in a smooth flat tone.

“We didn’t!” replied Clara biting her lip.

“Well whatever you have done is your business, I’m only saying...” Clara cut her out.

“I know what you’re getting at, Dean and I are over so it doesn’t matter what I do and do not do!” She said trying to sound bitchy, but it sounded bitter more than anything.

“Well it’s his loss, you deserve better then that!” Amy held at her hand and touched Clara’s just as the Prada satchel on Clara’s arm buzzed. Clara fumbled to find her Android in her bag, pulling it out to see the one new message sign.

Quickly she pressed open to see a photo of Dean and the girl from the other day at the pizza shop.

Little did Brooklyn Girl know the girl she stole from wasn’t the only one in the store with a phone camera, wasn’t it grand of me to be there to snap such shots of a moment like that. Oh I feel so devious!

Clara looked up to see Amy starring at the photo with pity and disgust.

“Looks like he’s already over it, I’m so sorry!” She said sounding disgusted.

“Oh he’ll pay!”

 “Who is that girl anyway?” asked Amy trying to look closer at the picture.

“Just some trash from Brooklyn!” Clara said with some venom in her tone.

“She looks a little like you in the nose!” said Amy, Clara snapped and pushed Amy out of her way.  “You don’t tell anyone you saw this, or I’ll tell all your friends how you’re all into save yourself for marriage. I don’t think Kristen would like to know that, do you?” said Clara meaningfully.

Amy went to open her mouth in response. “You ruin me and I will ruin you, Capito?”

Clara’s little secret was held in the hands of one Asian girl who was a major geek, not to mention my click away to all of Manhattan if she were to piss me off!

Ah how does it feel when the dominating is switched, oh I do love the feel of knowing all there is too know. Massive shame Clara hasn’t even realised I know too much, it’s just a matter of time before I’m painting the walls Ruby Red in Revenge!