ch • 14

BTS and Lovelyz come home late today as they have their practice till late evening.

Lovelyz is in their practice room at Wollim Entertainment. The sound of gasping and breathing hard could be heard in the practice room as their body collapse onto the cold floor. It has been 5 hours since they started and not once did they stop to take a break.

Yeah, they are desperate.

Desperate to debut.

The dance instructor claps her hands and called it a day before she went out from the room. The members quickly reach out to water bottles and gulp it down.

"Soul unni, I have to get going first. Jin and I will be buying groceries for tonight's dinner" Myungeun says and picks up her bag before she rush out from the room. A wide smile plastered on her face.

"Ahh, am I the only single person here?" Sujeong whines as she plays with Jiae's hair. "Don't worry, you are not alone" Jiae says and they high-fived together.

"Keep that up and you will end up dying alone" Jisoo says before she sits down next to Kei.

"Not like you have one!!"

"I will!!!"

The room suddenly get silent as Babysoul come back from talking to their manager. Her face looks pale and her steps are slow. Not like the usual cheerful leader she is before. How to say it.... She looks...soulless?

The members look at each other, they can't hide the fact they are worried about Babysoul's condition. Jiae had told them about this earlier and they understand her condition very well. Babysoul, sometimes can't be honest with her own feelings and she get confused by it a lot.

"Soul unni, gwenchana?" Yein asks while in their way back to the shared house. Babysoul looks back to her from the front seat and flash a soft smile before she says,

"Why would you ask me a question like that? Of course I am okay"

She knows it herself.

That's a terrible lie.

Even the members who are keeping silent can see through her lie.

They arrived at the shared house and Babysoul is the last one to get out from the van. Jiae waits for their leader to go into the house together and she has something to tell to Babysoul. She can't let their leader be like that anymore.

"Yah, what are you doing? Palli, it's cold here" Babysoul says and was about to step in the house when Jiae halted her.

"Go talk with him unni"

"I don't want to" Babysoul says while looking down at the ground. Her small hands turn into a fist. She feels sad by the fact that Rapmon shouted at her and get mad at her. She hates this feelings so much.

"Just be honest with yourself for once! You don't want to keep this going on right? You want to stay next to him, you want to comfort him and you want to love him! What is so hard about being honest with it?!" Jiae says.

[ babysoul's POV ]

That's right...

What she said is right.

Why on earth am I doing this?

I care for him, I want to comfort him when he is sad, I want to be by his side when he is happy or sad and I want to love him. Not as a friend anymore..

I look up to Jiae before smiling to her and quickly go into the house and search for Namjoon. I have to say it now. I don't want this to keep going on. Having him by my side even though I know we can't be together is so selfish of me,