33- Nothing to Lose.

Start from the beginning

            The fear in her voice was enough to fuel me to go forward, as forward as I could go in my state.

            Hanna’s P.O.V.

            Nick and I stood outside the warehouse, awaiting for Derek to starting fighting the alpha; I knew it was smarter for Nick to fight him, but Derek deserved to get revenge after the alpha crippled him for a day.

            “You know…you look beautiful in this lighting.” Nick said, totally out of the blue. I rolled my eyes at him, all while my heart fluttered. I couldn’t explain it, but there was something about Nick.

            Either way this wasn’t the time.

            “Uh thanks Nick, but this seriously isn’t the time!” I scowled at the hurt look on his face, because I knew that he knew I knew he heard that slight flutter in my heart beat. He looked as if he was going to say something else, but a howl in pain stopped us. I knew Derek wouldn’t stand a chance against an alpha; I was just hoping he would last a little longer than he did.

            I clutched my wolfsbane grenade in my hand, looking at Nick. “You remember everything?” I asked nervously.

            “Yeah, grab Nova and everyone else in their; then get the hell out of there.” Nick said.

            I nodded my head in approval, giving him the signal to go. He raced inside the warehouse and went ahead with our plan. I stood outside; nervously waiting for Nick to get everyone out; with his alpha speed he should be able to do it in a matter of seconds.

            I was beginning to feel worried; when I saw Nick run out clutching Nova and her mother on his sides. Nova’s mom was out cold, and Nova looked like complete hell, I wasn’t sure if she was conscience or not.  He sat them next to the tree I was sitting by; and motioned for me to join him. I started my pursuit to the warehouse, and I clutched the poisonous grenade in my hands.

            “Guys…guys!” Nova desperately called. Nick and I stopped in our tracks.

            “What is it?” I asked anxiously.

            “My dad and Derek are still in there! So whatever you’re about to do…” she began.

            Her dad was in there too? Was this a fucking family reunion or what? I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead. “Don’t worry Nove. We’re going to get them out safely.” I assured. She just nodded her head and hobbled over to aid her mother.

            Nick looked at me cautiously; and I returned his glance with a worried one of my own.

            “Let’s do this.” He said with confidence. I took a deep breath, and followed Nick into the warehouse.

            Derek’s P.O.V.

            I desperately attacked the alpha with all the strength I had left in me, I knew I was no match for him, but Nick had gotten Nova and her mother out; everything was going according to plan.

            Nova’s father was still in here; staring at me with wide and greedy eyes. I had no idea what he had planned but it scared me. The alpha had slashed me again and I prayed that Nick and Hanna would hurry the hell up.

            As if God was on my side; they both crashed through the doors of the warehouse, Nick running at full speed towards Nova’s father. He grabbed him and quickly got him out of here.