Chapter 35: Flowers? Am I Dying?

okay so I may have miscalculated what I still had planned... there will be a few more chapters. so yeah, it's not over yet but I felt like posting this anyway.

and if there will be a sequel? I don't know... MAYBE... but when this is done, I first want to concentrate on my new books The Stray and Dreamless in Early Graves before I start even thinking about anything else.

-------------------------

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am here!" Tay announced as she waltzed into the diner like she was the local queen.

I chuckled a little and Kellin rolled his eyes at her dramatic entrance. "Look at what the cat dragged in. . . haven't seen you in forever." I pointed out as I continued cleaning the bar with a cloth.

She grinned and walked up to me, taking a seat on the barstool. "Well, I've been traveling. So what did I all miss?" She then asked.

"Quite a bit." Kellin stated as he walked by. "You missed the happening of the biggest possible miracle ever." He added as he dramatically threw his hands in the air.

"Oh?" Tay wondered.

"Yep." Kellin confirmed, popping the 'p' at the end. He leaned his elbows on the bar and grinned. "Someone was actually crazy enough to ask Max to marry him."

I gave Kellin a playful shove and rolled my eyes, to which he only laughed in response. "You got married?!" She squealed loudly, her eyes practically bugging out of their sockets.

I smiled and just nodded.

Tay started screaming, practically jumping over the counter of the bar to hug me. I chuckled a little and weakly hugged her back. "That's so awesome, Max!" She said. "But back to me. . ."

I rolled my eyes. Of course. Back to her.

"While I was traveling, I saw this documentary, and you have no idea how amazing that was." She started telling me.

I wiped the counter some more and nodded, not really that interested in whatever it was that she saw. I knew how much into arts she was, and though I loved to paint and stuff. . . that was as far as my passion went.

"And you have no idea how pleasing it was to watch Joffrey die in Game of Thrones last night." I countered, trying to steer the conversation elsewhere.

Tay rolled her eyes. "God, you're still so far behind on that." She murmured. "Anyway, you have to see this documentary. The artist's name is Marina Ambramovic, and in the 90's she and her boyfriend did this piece called Confrontation where they just slapped each other's faces for days." She explained excitedly.

I shot her a deadpanned look. "Oh yeah? My mom and her boyfriend did that too, only they called it who smoked the last cigarette." I murmured with a smirk.

"No, really, it's pure art. She's a genius." Tay was quick to defend.

"Totally." Kellin said with a snort.

I chuckled a little. "How about you and I do a little art right now?" I then suggested, before slapping Tay lightly on her cheek.

She gasped, her jaw dropping, and then she slapped me in return.

It felt kinda funny, so I slapped her again, and she slapped me again too. And this was supposed to be art? Wow. . . I would just love to make money like that.

Tay suddenly slapped me a little harder, and for a moment I actually felt it burn.

"What the hell are they doing?" I heard Jaime ask from the kitchen window.