Chapter 2: Homicidal Maniac & the Illegal Immigrant

okay so I could not help myself... here's the second chapter. oops.

--------------------

I glanced over at the alarm clock on my new bedside table. 2:47 am. Fucking brilliant. It was my first night staying in my new room at Vic's house and I had not slept a single god damn second. I suppose I just had to get used to the new place, the new smell, the new company. . . all that new stuff.

It didn't exactly help that I had to work at 8 though, but oh well, I'd been through worse.

I groaned lightly and rolled out of my new bed, which was honestly hands down the comfiest bed in the whole world. So that was definitely not the reason why I couldn't seem to sleep. But I figured, hey, maybe some tea would help, so that's what I was going for when I left the room.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I could both see and hear that the TV in the living area was on. I frowned curiously, making my way down the cold, metal spiral staircase and spotted Vic sitting on the couch.

"So, I'm not the only one who can't sleep tonight." I commented, getting his attention immediately.

Vic chuckled lightly. "Yeah well, there's this new girl living in my extra room now, but she might be a homicidal maniac, you know. So I'm basically just sitting here to make sure she won't murder me in my sleep." He then said.

I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"What about you?"

"Oh, you know, just making sure that the guy I'm renting this room from doesn't chloroform me and smuggle me across the border into Mexico where he will enslave me to be his wife and whore me out to his Mexican gang friends."

Luckily though, Vic seemed to understand my sense of humor, so he just laughed and shook his head.

I walked up to the couch, recognizing that he was watching a really terrible horror movie, but those were often the fun ones. Yes, call me insane, but I laugh at horror movies. The people in it are always so dumb, it's hilarious.

I then glanced over at Vic and snorted at the sight before me. "Wow dude, you're on the couch, curled in a blanket like the burrito that you are, and eating straight out of a bucket of ice cream. You're either gay or you have some serious relationship issues."  

Vic looked at me with a less than impressed look and unwrapped some of the blanket. "Oh just shut up, get yourself a spoon and join me." He said as he moved his legs off the couch so I could sit beside him.

"Don't have to tell me twice." I said with a grin as I hurried to the kitchen and got myself a spoon.

I quite literally ran back and plopped myself on the couch, just as Vic threw the rest of the blanket on top of my lap. He held the bucket between us so I could dig in, and I gladly did so right away. I mean, ice cream at 3 in the morning, who would say no to that?

"Oh god." I moaned with the spoon in my mouth. "It's cookie dough."

Vic chuckled softly as he took another spoonful himself.

"Ugh, I want to marry you." I groaned happily, letting my taste buds work with the immense goodness of my number one favorite ice cream flavor.

"Who? Me?" Vic then questioned.

Yes, you.

No. NO. Hold on there mad Max! Calm the hell down.

"No, not you, the ice cream." I quickly stated, motioning my spoon towards the bucket in his hands.

Good save.

After that little awkward moment we just silently watched the rest of the movie as we both munched away on the ice cream. Well, silently on Vic's part that was. I couldn't exactly be silent during movies like this... you'd have to tape my mouth shut and even then I'd still be annoying.

"She is in the closet, you idiot! It's pretty obvious!" I yelled at the TV screen.

"Are you seriously rooting for the psychopath with the big knife?" Vic then asked, giving me sort of a confused yet amused look.

"Well yeah, of course. I mean, the dumbass opened the door in the middle of the night. She is literally asking to be murdered." I stated as matter-of-factly.

Vic gave me an agreeable nod and we both focused back on the remainder of the movie. The ice cream was long gone by now, but the movie was almost over anyways. The murderer found the dumb blonde in the closet soon enough, killed her and then the end credits started rolling on.

"Well that was absolutely terrible." Vic commented as he grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

I threw the blanket off me and dragged my body off the couch, finally starting to feel at least a little bit sleepy. "Think I'm gonna head to bed. Thanks for the ice cream." I said, giving Vic kind of a salute, causing him to laugh a little.

"Alright, you're welcome. And uh, nice pajamas by the way." He then said.

I wasn't sure whether he was being serious or not, so I just laughed and thanked him anyways. My pajamas consisted of a satin pair of shorts and a button up top, all blue and images of rainbows and unicorns printed all over it. They were a lame present from Tay, and literally the most colorful thing I owned next to my mostly-black wardrobe.

"Well good night, insanely attractive illegal immigrant." I found myself muttering as I made my way to the spiral staircase.

I looked back at Vic over my shoulder and noticed him smiling, so I blessed myself for not insulting him at least. "Good night, seriously cute homicidal maniac." He then said, somehow causing a slight blush to rise to my cheeks.

Well this was definitely an interesting first night.