Chapter 27: Why'd You Think I Ended Up in Juvie?

thinking that I should probably make like a schedule for when I post updates... knowing me, I just post whenever and wherever. but still, I should try it.

anyway... new book has started!! it's called The Original High and it's a Koli (for those who don't know: that's Kellin Quinn and Oli Sykes). since I use Koli often enough in my books -like this one for instance- it just seemed like a cool idea. let me know what you think!

-------------------------

Vic and I acted like complete idiots on our first day in Vegas. We started by drinking margaritas at the bar, challenging each other on who could chug it down quicker. I won, but realized it really wasn't such a great idea after I felt the alcohol go straight to my head within seconds after that one. It had been my fifth margarita after all.

After that, we decided to go up to the hotel room and get dressed properly so we could head into the Vegas nightlife. Of course, getting dressed took a bit longer than expected, and soon enough, the room was a complete mess. I think we even broke a vase.

Once we were finally done, we left the hotel room in fits of giggles. We honestly weren't that drunk, but I sure as hell was having a great time.

We both stood in the elevator with a few other people, trying to contain our laughter as we occasionally shot each other random glances. The second the elevator dinged at the lobby, Vic grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me over his shoulder, something I noticed he enjoyed doing quite a lot.

When we were finally outside, he put me back onto my feet and held out his arm, gesturing for me to loop mine through it. I giggled and did just that, watching as Vic made an awkward jump and attempted to click his heels together. What a dork.

We both laughed and started walking down the street, laughing and -in my case- awing at the sight of just about everything. The entire city was lit up and there was music coming from everywhere. The streets were so crowded, everyone was smiling and. . .

Suddenly, Vic pulled me into a sketchy-looking liquor store. "What are we doing here?" I wondered curiously.

Vic just shushed me as he dragged me through one of the aisles. He looked through the wide range of red wines, when he then finally grabbed a bottle of Arietta Cabernet Sauvignon. Not that I knew what it was, but that's what the bottle read.

My heart practically shot up into my throat when I noticed the price tag. "We're taking this." Vic then whispered. My eyes went wide as I stared at him. "What? Don't tell me you've never stolen anything before." He said with a sly grin.

"Of course I have!" I whisper-yelled at him as I smacked his arm. "Why'd you think I ended up in juvie? I can tell you now, it wasn't because I helped an old lady cross the road."

"Well, then this shouldn't be a problem." Vic said, snickering softly.

"You're insane! This is a 150 dollar wine, you idiot!"

"Oh please, do you have any idea how much money gets stolen from people in the casinos around here on a daily basis?"

I rolled my eyes at his statement, though of course I knew that it was true. But that was business, right? "Fine, we'll take the stupid wine." I then whispered, snatching the bottle from his fingers. He just grinned at me as I started making my way back to the door of the liquor store.

The man behind the counter eyed me suspiciously, but I just gave him a charming, innocent smile. Something that I had learned to perfect over my course of working at the diner. Sadly, though, he didn't buy it much. "Miss, are you going to pay for that?" He asked with a stern frown on his face.

"Shit." I murmured below my breath. I then quickly grabbed onto Vic's hand with my free one and bolted out of the store, dragging him behind me. We ran a couple of blocks down the street and eventually stopped once we realized that nobody was following us anyway.

I leaned back against a brick wall at the beginning of an alley as I laughed at what we had just done. That was so stupid. What the hell had gotten into Vic?

While we both laughed, I opened up the bottle of wine, grateful that it wasn't one of those bottles that had a cork in it, and took a few sips before handing it to Vic. "That is some damn tasty wine." I admitted, though I was buzzed enough from the margaritas that I'd probably drink just about anything anyways.

Vic took a few sips himself and grinned as he came closer. "Yeah, I know that I have good taste." He said cockily before then planting his lips against mine.

The kiss was so sloppy, and I had to try my best to hold back my laughter. "You're so drunk." I murmured against his lips.

He then chuckled and pulled back, almost losing his balance as he swayed a little. "Yeah, well, your tolerance goes down when you get older. Which is actually a great thing if you don't have much money to spend."

"Or you could just steal it." I scolded jokingly as I snatched the bottle away from Vic. He definitely had enough. Personally I didn't want any more either so I handed the bottle to the homeless guy sitting next to the dumpster. He was eternally grateful.

"Did you just seriously-seriously give a homeless guy a 150 dollar bottle of wine?" Vic questioned, giggling softly as I grabbed his hand and tugged him out of the alley. "That is soooo sweet of you." He slurred.

I snorted and shook my head. "Well yes, I felt a connection there. Who knows, maybe the guy was my father."

Vic laughed, almost obnoxiously and sloppily kissed my cheek. "You're funny, I love you. Now let's go back to the hotel and see if Kellin and Oliver's sex batteries have run out yet. I haven't seen them outside of the room all day."

I nodded in agreement, and soon enough, we were making our way back to the hotel. Once inside, none other than Kellin, squealing happily, tackled me to the floor. This time, though, he was dressed. Thank god.

"I did it!" He yelled into my face. "I did it, I did it!"

"With your high school principal when you were only fifteen. . . yes Kells, everyone knows the story." I murmured, rolling my eyes as I squirmed out from underneath him and got back up.

"No, not that!" Kellin snapped before grinning widely. "I said yes to Oli! I'm moving in with him! So now the booty calls will be coming from inside the house."

I snickered a little, but honestly I was happy for him. This was a major step for Kellin and I was glad to see him being so excited about it.

"This calls for a celebratory drink. . . or twenty!" Kellin then beamed, throwing his hands in the air.

Oh god.