Chapter 12: Let's Be Cats

"Don't you think that's a bit fast? There's so much that you don't know about me." It was the only thing I managed to say at that very moment, since honestly I just wanted to get back to my son so this wouldn't get even more awkward.

"Didn't we already have sex like twice?" Vic then reminded me.

I sighed. "There's a difference between having sex and being in a relationship, Vic." That comment made him look a little disappointed. It wasn't what I meant, though.

I contemplated for a moment, trying to find the best way to put this. "Look, I'm just really bad with this whole relationship thing okay? The last time I was with a guy who suddenly wanted to call whatever we had a relationship, it lasted 3 hours. And it was 3 painstaking hours of sitting at a restaurant with him and his granny while she judged me for showing a little cleavage. The loser even picked her side! And I am so not going through that again." I told him, almost in a warning tone.

I noticed Vic biting the inside of his cheek, trying to fight the urge to laugh over my horrendous last relationship. Or more like relationshit, if you ask me. If you could even call it that, really.

Then again, now that I thought about it, it was kind of funny. At the time I was furious, but there was no point to still be angry about it. The guy should've just been dating his granny instead of me- that was basically his only option to begin with.

"Well, let's not call it a relationship then." Vic simply stated, after getting his laughter under control. "I'm just gonna be a guy who exclusively likes you, kisses you, has sex with you, takes you out on cheesy dates and cuddles with you on the couch while you pick what movie we watch."

I chuckled a little and shook my head. "You just literally described a relationship."

"Then don't call it that."

"Then call it what, Vic?" I asked while laughing with a bit of frustration. "You can't just go call a horse a cat and actually have it believe that it's a cat."

Vic smirked and shrugged a little. "We can try." He offered despite my best efforts. "Come on, let me at least take you out on a date sometime. Let's be cats, and then whenever you're ready for it, we can be horses. . . if that even makes sense."

I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway. I had to admit, I kinda liked his persistence. At least it told me that he actually wanted this.

"Alright, fine, you can take me out on a date." I finally told him, caving into the idea of having him as my boyfriend, but not yet admitting to it. The whole Kyle thing was weighing heavy on my mind.

But Vic seemed to be satisfied with my answer and that was a relief. The rest would come soon enough. Right now though, I just didn't want to keep my son waiting another minute. So I said goodbye and let Vic kiss me on the way out.

"Well that took forever." Tay complained as I got back into the car.

"Yeah, well, I had a little Vic problem." Though I couldn't help but saying it with an obvious smile etched onto my face.

Tay then gasped and put her hands over Kyle's ears. "Did you two have a quickie on the table or something?" She whisper-yelled at me, immediately catching her driver's attention.

"No!" I exclaimed defensively. "Although if it had been up to him we probably would have."

She rolled her eyes and removed her hands from Kyle's ears, to which he just kinda giggled up at her. Thank god he had no idea what was going on.

"So what are the two of you now anyway?" She then asked.

"Cats, apparently." I murmured, earning a questioning look from both her and her driver. What the hell was this skunk-haired dude listening in on our conversation anyway? "Never mind, long story, let's just go to the fair."