Chapter 6: Mister Perfect Has a Flaw

looong chapter compared to the last one. oops. I'm having too much fun writing this. I should probably try and focus on my other books next haha sorry. enjoy!

--------------------

I groaned loudly as I returned to the kitchen after bringing the last order to some hipster customers in the back of the diner. "Remind me why we're doing this again? And who even thought of this? It's a terrible idea!" I complained, once again.

"Karaoke is a great idea, thank you very much." My boss, Jaime, stated firmly. I just gave him a skeptic look. It was his idea, of course it was. I had figured that it wasn't Kellin's, or our chef's, and it certainly wasn't mine.

Jaime had talked before about wanting to do something to make business better and pull more people into the diner. Apparently he thought that doing a karaoke night was a great idea. The plan was to close the kitchen at eight and only serve beverages and alcoholic drinks all evening. Oh joy.

"Alright, so here's everyone who will be performing tonight. I'd appreciate it if you both could tend the door and mark off everyone who's here so we can keep a bit of a schedule going." Jaime then explained, handing both Kellin and me a sheet of names.

I didn't exactly read through it, because I didn't know anybody in the area anyway, but I was shocked to find at least around 20 names on the list.

It's officially confirmed; people are crazy.

When our normal customers had left, we temporarily closed the door to get everything ready for the evening. Jaime was setting up the karaoke machine while Kellin cleaned the place and I readied the bar for the drinks.

People had already started lining up in front of the door about half an hour before we were planning to open up again, which shocked me to no end.

"So did you invite everyone you know?" Kellin asked me. Because that was exactly what Jaime had requested from us.

"Yep." I sighed, a little dramatically. "I invited Tay and Vic." And may I add that it was probably the lowest point of my life to invite Vic- of all people- to a karaoke night? Don't even get me started about how embarrassing that conversation was.

Kellin gave me a skeptic look. "That's all?" He asked incredulously.

I simply shrugged. "That's everyone I know." Sad, right?

He just smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Alright ladies, time to open up!" Jaime cheered excitedly.

"Oh joy." I murmured below my breath as I grabbed the list of names and a pen so I could cross off all the idiots who were attending this stupid thing.

I walked up to Kellin, handing him a pen and the same list as we made our way to the door. "I think it's a good idea if we just call out the names." I then suggested. "I'll start at the bottom of the list. You do top?"

Kellin gave me a serious look. "Oh no honey, this pretty face was made to be pushed down into Egyptian cotton sheets." He then said, circling his face with his index finger.

"That's not the kind of top I was referring to, Kells." I murmured, trying my best to hold back my laughter.

He just grinned in response and opened up the door, starting to call out names and letting people in. Dear god, this was going to be one long, dreadful night.

All twenty-something of the 'performers' had showed up according to our list, including a bunch of other people. Jaime was naturally ecstatic and continuously pushing me to serve people drinks, even though we had pre-poured a bunch of stuff and stalled it out on the bar for people to grab. Everyone actually had to buy a ticket to get in, so the drinks from that point on were free.