Chapter 4: He's a Total Child

I had a lot of fun writing this one hehe...

--------------------

The weekend rolled around fast enough, and I had managed to find out a few more things about mister handsome. Besides the fact that he loved food, he also had quite a wide range in his taste of music. He was a creative person, I could definitely tell when I found out that he had built up numerous websites for big companies and designed merchandise for quite a few big bands.

He was really good at his job too, which then actually led to me being even more nervous about what I was going to paint for him.

I noticed in his work that he liked to keep things abstract and mysterious; sometimes the images and layouts made no sense and had no relation to the product or topic. . . yet somehow it worked. It was sort of a controlled chaos kind of thing, but with a hint of damn near perfection.

I wondered if I could do that.

I especially saw how much of a genius Vic really was when I noticed the doodles on his paperwork. In my opinion, all of the creatively genius people doodle. Don't agree? Fine, fight me.

The canvas that Vic had bought was 2 foot high and about 2,5 foot wide. It definitely made up for the depressing piece that was currently hanging on the wall, but it also meant that I had a lot to fill up. Lucky me, Vic bought enough paint, probably to last me a couple of years. And it was definitely the good kind.

After setting everything up on a small table beside the big piece of canvas, I dressed into a grey shirt and a pair of my short dungarees, not forgetting a pair of socks since the cement floor was quite cold sometimes.

Vic wasn't home so I just put one of his vinyls on the record player, blasting it practically as loudly as it could go, and began my 'creative process'.

A few hours, some dancing, a little singing, and a lot of painting later, it was finally starting to become something. I had started out with bland, grey and woodsy colors, only to break it off with bright reds and greens, not really creating anything in particular. I just did whatever the music in the background made me feel like doing.

"Wow, this looks amazing." I suddenly heard Vic say, making me jump two feet to the side. I held my hand to my heart as he laughed at me. Ass.

"It's not finished." I grumbled, pointing the paintbrush in his direction. I was tempted to let some paint fling onto him, but I decided to be nice. So instead, I made my way to the record player, but not before making sure that I wasn't leaving stains behind on the floor, and turned down the music to a normal volume.

I walked back, spotting Vic intently looking at the unfinished painting. He reached out one of his fingers to it and I quickly smacked his hand away with the paintbrush. "Don't touch it! It's still wet!"

"That's not a phrase I hear very often." Vic then said with a suggestive smirk on his face.

I snorted and rolled my eyes. Such a perv. He caught me off guard, though; I didn't even have a good comeback.

"Can I- can I try something?" He then asked, pointing at the canvas.

"If you want to screw up the painting, be my guest." I permitted with a joking grin as I got out of the way of the paint and brushes stalled out behind me.

Vic grabbed a brush and dipped it into some red, then held it out in front of my face. "Teach me." He simply said.

He then turned to the canvas and held the brush closely to an untouched part, waiting for my instructions while smiling sweetly at me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine, I'll teach you."