Chapter 20: Random Dudes in Potato-sack Dresses

"So you're going back to high school?" Kellin asked me, sounding totally confused.

"Well technically, no." Vic answered for me. He had come to the diner for an hour or two every day to help me 'study' while I worked. As if the job alone wasn't bad enough. "She's just going back to pass one more exam, and then she'll have her diploma."

"Alright, so what is this exam even about? I haven't exactly been paying attention to whatever your boyfriend here has been reciting." Kellin then murmured, waving his hand absentmindedly in Vic's direction.

"Bible studies." I sighed while cleaning the table before me.

Kellin snorted. "Oh you're so gonna get a D for that."

I gasped, faking being insulted and placed my hands on my boobs. "But I already have two of those!" I whined in protest.

Vic's eyes widened momentarily, but then he just grinned and shook his head while Kellin laughed at me. He was right though; I was probably going to fail. I didn't even get why Vic was putting so much effort into helping me. I was a hopeless case.

"As much as I support you in doing this, Max, I would appreciate it if you at least kept doing your job." Jaime then muttered as he came walking out of the kitchen, motioning to the tables that still hadn't been cleared.

I rolled my eyes and immediately went up to them to clean them. Meanwhile, Vic asked random questions that he thought would be asked in my exam, and I found that I really didn't know much about anything. He claimed that I was making progress, but it didn't seem that way.

"By the way, have you seen the dumpster?" Jaime at one point asked me.

Kellin chuckled. "Has she seen it?" He asked a little incredulously. "Honey, she was conceived in one."

I snapped my towel onto Kellin's back and shot him a playful glare as he squealed. "Rude, but probably true." I murmured as he laughed. "Anyway, yeah the dumpster is outside next to the diner, as always."

Jaime smirked happily. Oh god, what had he done now? "I bought us a new one. Go check it out." He replied, like he had read my mind.

I rolled my eyes and started making my way to the door of the diner, but not before grabbing Kellin by the wrist and dragging him out with me. We walked around the corner and I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted the new dumpster Jaime had been referring to.

"A dumpster in the shape of a burger, really Jaime?" I murmured, shaking my head.

What was with this guy and buying things we didn't need?

Kellin snorted as he leaned his arm on my shoulder. "Well, it'll sure as hell taste better than the burgers we serve inside."

"True that." I chuckled as I high-fived him.

Jaime stared at us, looking less than impressed by our reactions. But what else was he expecting from the two of us, honestly?

"Oh wow, sweet dumpster, dude." Vic then suddenly said, after joining us outside.

Of course with that, Jaime immediately lit up. "Thanks, man." He said to Vic, making Kellin and I roll our eyes in response. "See? It's a sweet dumpster." Lord, Jaime was such an idiot, but oh well, he was fun to make fun of.

"Well, I'm gonna go now, babe." Vic said to me as he placed a hand on the small of my back. "I'll see you tonight." I simply nodded and gave him a quick kiss before he said bye to Kellin and Jaime and walked off.

The rest of the day just dragged on and it wasn't all that interesting. Our usual customers came by, Kellin and I made jokes, he told me more about his high school time with Oliver, and eventually the day finally came to an end.

Back home that night, Vic and I had just finished watching a movie. He sat on the couch with his feet resting on the saloon table as I lay on my back with my head in his lap.

"Alright, well, let me quiz you real quick." Vic suggested after he asked me what I wanted to do next and I replied with 'dunno'.

I groaned and whined. "I don't want to study." I said, pouting like a little child. "Bible studies is boring as hell."

Vic chuckled lightly, quickly popping some popcorn into my mouth as he reached over to get the notes he had made. "Well let's keep it simple then." He said as he started looking through the pages. "Ah, here is an easy question. . . Who created the heavens and the earth?"

"According to some random dudes in potato-sack dresses who decided to write a book, God did." I murmured with a roll of my eyes.

A small laugh escaped Vic's throat, shaking his head before he gave me some more popcorn. "Okay, just 'God' would have sufficed." He half-corrected me. "What was created on the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and finally on the seventh day?"

I snorted. "Hell, like I know. . . I wasn't there, you know." I simply told him.

He sighed deeply and threw the notes aside. "You have to start taking this seriously, Max. You need to get at least a C if you want to pass." He told me, obviously annoyed with the way I was acting.

"I'm sorry, it's just been a long day and I really don't feel like studying right now." I murmured as I crawled up to sit on his lap, instead of laying on it.

Vic let out another small sigh and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Alright, fine, no studying. So what would you rather do then?" He asked me.

I grinned a little and leaned in, leaving a single kiss on his neck, just below his ear. "I'd rather do you." I said, trying my best to sound seductive.

He chuckled softly and shook his head in amusement. "You're lucky you're so sexy." He then growled lowly before picking me up in one swift movement and making his way to the bedroom.

Once inside, he threw me onto the bed and quickly climbed on top of me. "Your exam is in a few days, though, so just promise me you'll study harder tomorrow, alright?" He then asked me, quickly turning serious for a moment.

I bit my lip in a seductive way and nodded slowly. "Extra hard." I whispered to him. He rolled his eyes in amusement and sighed before then finally leaning down to connect his lips with mine.