Chapter 7: I'm the Other Woman

and I can't help myself, I just keep posting chapters. maybe I'm so caught up in writing because I'm secretly nervous af for my job interview tomorrow. yep, that's it. see- who needs a therapist? I can figure myself out ha.. ha.. ha.. alrighty, enjoy!

--------------------

"Hey, where are you going?" Vic whined with a sleepy smile on his face, while securing his arms tighter around me.

I was just about to get out of his bed, but apparently he wasn't having it. "Well, it's seven in the morning, and unlike you, I need to be at work by eight." I informed him as a matter-of-factly.

Vic groaned and slowly let go of me. "Christ, how can you even do that? We slept like what- two hours, maybe?"

I gave him a deadpanned look. "Well you started it."

"And you didn't stop me." He then simply retorted with a devilish smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and stole the sheets off him, wrapping them tightly around myself before finally swinging my legs off the side of the bed. "Hey, why are you stealing the sheets?" Vic then whined as he quickly covered himself with his pillow.

"Well in case you forgot, my uniform is somewhere on the living room floor."

He grinned at that answer, obviously not regretting one bit of last night's events. Well, last night- more like a few hours ago. I didn't exactly regret it either, though. I really should, but damnit, he was just. . . He was just Vic, okay?

And lack of sleep was something I was used to. Thankfully I was tending to the coffee machine during my morning shift anyway. I would survive.

Vic suddenly leaned over and kissed my cheek, which was rather unexpected. Mostly the warm feeling in my gut that came with it was what surprised me. "See you later." He then said as I left the room, giving me a small wave before I was out of sight.

I found my uniform within seconds and bent over to pick it up, only then to be met by an unfamiliar face as I stood back up.

"Who the hell are you?" The brunette asked me, a bit of a demanding tone to her voice.

I raised both my eyebrows and looked at her a little unimpressed. "I could ask you the same thing." I simply retorted, adding a slight edge to my own tone.

She eyed me up and down for a moment with a disapproving look on her face. Then she held up her hand, showing me the back of it. "I am the fiancée of the man who lives here-" She pointed out, and that's when my eyes fell on the sparkly ring around her finger. "And so I would very much like an explanation as to why you just came out of his bedroom."

What the. . . what the flying fuck?! Vic's engaged?!

And he didn't bother to tell me?!

He didn't even. . . oh my god- he cheated on her, with me! I am the other woman! Oh my lord I felt so gross- and stupid- and humiliated.

And let's not forget fucking used!

"Yeah, it would probably be in your best interest to just get out of here." The brunette then suggested in a demeaning tone.

Without a word, I headed up the stairs and stormed into the bathroom, firmly shutting the door behind me. I didn't even give myself the time to come to grips with how the whole situation made me feel, simply because I didn't want to feel anything. This woman was the one who should've been upset, not me.

As I was trying to fix my embarrassing sex hair- which by the way I did regret now- there was a knock on the door. "Max, are you in there?" Vic asked.