Chapter 23: Like Meeting The Queen of England

"Kells, you seriously have got to help me with this." I practically yelled at him from the bedroom, throwing clothes out of my wardrobe like I was searching for gold.

"Honey, I couldn't help you if your life depended on it." Kellin then responded as he came walking in, leaning against the doorframe and looking at me with an amused grin plastered on his face.

I pulled out an old dress that I once bought, ended up never wearing, and completely forgetting to bring back. I held it up and turned to Kellin with a pleading look on my face.

I never wore dresses- other than my uniform at the diner- but this was a wedding, so it was basically a must. I had to make a good first impression on Vic's family.

Kellin looked at the dress and made a weird face, like he was trying to hold back some laughter. "No." He simply told me. "So much no."

I rolled my eyes and threw it onto the bed behind me. This was hopeless. I didn't have anything better than that!

"Help me." I whined like a small child, pursing my lips into a sad pout.

"Babe, relax, anything will do. You're meeting my parents, not the queen of England. I'm sure my mom will love you." Vic then called out from the living room.

I rolled my eyes yet again and left the bedroom, with Kellin immediately trailing behind me. "It's the same fucking thing!" I groaned, waving my arms in the air.

Vic snickered and shook his head. "Just pretend you're going to meet your own mother, you'll be fine." He said.

I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed. "Well in that case, where do we keep the trash bags again? Because I need to stoop down a few class levels if I need to pretend that I'm meeting her." I grumbled.

Kellin walked past me, just laughing, and sat down on the couch. "You're hopeless, Max. But I'm sure I don't need to tell you that."

I grabbed a pillow from the back of the couch and hit him with it on the back of his head. He was supposed to be helping me here, not make it all worse. Typical Kellin, though.

Vic came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. "You don't necessarily have to wear a dress, you know? Your ass looks hot in pants too." He said with a sly smile.

I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped him on the chest. "Well I'm supposed to look classy, not hot." I reminded him.

"Well, how about this one?" Kellin then asked, getting up from the couch and showing me a completely unfamiliar dress. Well, it was slightly unfamiliar, meaning that it wasn't one that I owned.

"Where did you get that?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion.

He shrugged a little and smiled. "It was in the box that stood on the table."

"Wait... this dress was in the box my mom sent me?"

"I guess. And there's a note."

I quickly grabbed the note from Kellin's fingers and vaguely read over it.

Hi Max,
You know better than anyone that I'm no good with apologies. But I remembered that you told me about this dress once. So I don't know if you still like it, but it's yours now.

"She remembered?" I muttered incredulously.

My hands dropped to my sides as I stared at the dress in Kellin's hands. I remembered the day that I saw it in the display of the window. It looked so beautiful. I told my mom at the time that it was the dress I wanted to wear to my wedding, because I hated traditional dresses. She didn't look the least bit interested at the time, but I guess she did listen after all. I wasn't the one getting married; I probably never will, but it was still a stunning dress.