Chapter Twenty

“How is your heart little darling? I didn’t mean to get so mad. Let me just hold you closely, how did things get so bad?” This is Such a Pity by Weezer

June. The end of the month that is. Which means there’s less than six months until the wedding. Six months. Currently Veronica and are standing in line for the Weezer concert. I didn’t tell her the tickets came from Sky, and I wasn’t about to now. Some things she just didn’t need to know.

I even tried to convince her not to go. I know it’s probably rude of me to think that way, but she doesn’t even like the band.  So why was she here and not Blake? Because she wanted to experience something that I love. Or, in my mind, that means ruin something that I love.

“who in their right mind would get you tickets to this concert?” she asks for the millionth time.

“just an old friend Veronica. And you’re the one who agreed to going, so please stop complaining.”

“I’m not complaining.”

I roll my eyes and shut-up. I seemed to be doing this a lot lately. Veronica loved to have things her way when it came to the wedding. Sure, she’d ask me my opinion but it didn’t matter what my answer was. It was always what she wanted and at whatever cost too. It’s a good thing that both families have money, or I’d be running broke at the moment.

“It was Sky, wasn’t it?”

and there goes my five minutes of silence. “no, it wasn’t Sky.”

“you sure? Because you always get defensive when I’m right-”

“It was Cathy! Okay? Principle Shaw got me the tickets. Are you happy?!” so I flipped on her. Honestly, I think I have the right to do that every now and again.

“might as well have been Sky in that case. I mean, Cathy knows we’re getting married in five months. Why would she get us tickets this late into the season? We definitely have more important things to do for planning the wedding.”

I’m sure Sky knew this was going to happen. She probably chose the band because of the concert date more than who was playing.

Instead of listening to the rest of her rant, I pull out my phone and call Blake.

“what are you doing right now?” I ask after the basic ‘hello’s’.

there was a small pause, “um…Sara and I are hanging out, why?”

“I am begging you two to come down here and save me. Veronica has easily pushed me over the limit.”

Limit of what?”

“sanity.”

“okay, I’ll be there with Sara in about twenty minutes.” Luckily we’d still be in line at that point.

The instant Blake’s car pulled up, I saw that it was Sara driving. I’m glad my best friend thought ahead. I practically pushed Veronica into the car and gave her a kiss goodbye before turning back to Blake who was just standing there smirking at me. “rough day?”

“don’t get me started.”

He laughs, “and that’s what you get to marry.” I send him a glare, “ah come on! She’s not all bad. I mean, most women become their craziest when it’s around planning a wedding. It’s just in their nature.”

“crazy doesn’t explain why I can’t have one peaceful night without her complaining about the concert.”

“true. You didn’t tell her who the tickets were from, did you?”

To Find the Lie, We Must Discard the TruthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara